El Capitan....!

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
El Capitan....!
« on: 1 Oct 2015, 02:31 pm »
Any one try this new OS yet....?

V...

(Just wondering if it is worth it to upgrade from Yosemite, which I don't think is better than Maverick...)

GentleBender

Re: El Capitan....!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2015, 03:36 pm »
I'm holding off for a bit, it feels too soon to be switching from Yosemite. I have too many VM's to roll the dice yet. The pace of new OS releases has spun out of control IMHO. What do regular users do?

jparkhur

« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2015, 04:36 pm »
I did it on two computers.  No issues yet.  One iMac 21 3 years old and one Mac Mini 2 years old.  Took some time, 45 minutes, but all programs seem to be where they were before and working nice.  Have not tried any of the new features.  I do know that Office 2016 suite is terrible and slower than dirt in the winter.

JP

Crimson

« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2015, 08:38 pm »
I upgraded one of my machines, a 2014 MBP, and everything is good. I like the Metal graphics engine: cleaner and quicker.

AllynW

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2015, 01:52 pm »
I performed the upgrade on my Mid 2012 MBP.  It appears to be a bit quicker with no issues. 

Nick B

« Reply #5 on: 4 Oct 2015, 02:19 am »
Geez...upgraded my wife's MacBook Air and it's a big mess. Problem with Apple ID login in only certain instances and now it is locked. I asked for level 2 support and am going to call back and hold...and hold

Nick B

« Reply #6 on: 4 Oct 2015, 03:51 am »
Update. The level 2 Apple tech Todd was a++. It appears at least one program ... Kaspersky.... Was the culprit and maybe another.  Both now uninstalled and the tech also tweaked a number of other settings. It took at least 45 minutes with level 2 to resolve

Art_Chicago

« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2015, 04:10 am »
my IT people  tell me it is gonna ruin MS Office on a MBP.  What a bummer!

lextek

« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2015, 12:33 pm »
Using it on my Mini.  No issues with Amarra for Tidal or Audivarna.

jparkhur

« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct 2015, 12:37 pm »
my IT people  tell me it is gonna ruin MS Office on a MBP.  What a bummer!

I have the most recent ms office and I confirm its a dog slow and just not useable anymore for work. Maybe Apple did this to push people to its stuff. Have started using iCloud programs more since our building moved some people to chrome books.    Junk

cody69

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2015, 01:41 am »
This weekend I upgraded my mac mini, iMac and MBP. The upgrade went smoothly without a hitch for each.
No issues what so ever. since upgrading.. although I don't use any MS Office products that others here are reporting problems with.