iPhone 6 & 6+ Size

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
iPhone 6 & 6+ Size
« on: 15 Sep 2014, 03:42 pm »

Here are some 3d prints of a 6 & 6+ compared to my 5s. 

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: iPhone 6 & 6+ Size
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2014, 03:55 pm »
For my part, I no longer see a need to upgrade my phone. I have an iPhone 5 now and it serves my purposes quite adequately. The only benefit I can foresee getting from a phone upgrade is a fresh battery --- and I don't need that yet.

The next size increase may require a handle -- maybe a holster -- a caddy -- wheels?

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2014, 03:56 pm »
That gives a nice perspective! Thanks for posting.

I have the 4s which I believe is the same width as the 5 but a little shorter, was thinking of going with the 6plus but the standard 6 looks to be a huge upgrade in screen size in of itself.

The battery on the 6plus seems to be much more capable for long periods of talk time though.

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2014, 04:08 pm »
I will upgrade when work tells me my new free phone is in.  At that time I would doubt I would want the +, I might as well carry an iPad mini at that point.

Then again, many at work are carrying that (in my eyes) HUGE Android phone around.  I always joke that I need to borrow the 65 inch plasma in their purse for a sales presentation!

And I still (after only 5 months I guess) MISS the keyboard from my many many BB's.

guf

« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2014, 04:50 pm »
Here are some 3d prints of a 6 & 6+ compared to my 5s. 

Wow thanks for posting this. I'm sure i could of easily found it somewhere but I didn't.  I ordered the 6 the day it went on sale.  I can imagine having the plus size. But it seems i'm in the minority so it was making me question my decision.

JohnR

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2014, 05:19 pm »
Apple core is for audio.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2014, 05:19 pm »
Wow thanks for posting this. I'm sure i could of easily found it somewhere but I didn't.  I ordered the 6 the day it went on sale.  I can imagine having the plus size. But it seems i'm in the minority so it was making me question my decision.
No problem.  I couldn't find any so thought I'd print some and share. 

mcgsxr

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2014, 06:30 pm »
I agree that it is cool to see the 3 "side by side" to help folks make the decision.

Also, for the record, I love what the iPhone does for me in my personal life, but wish that I could use the BB keyboard.  After close to 10 years using a hard keyboard, it is an adjustment to use a soft one.  Especially when I got used to rolling my thumbs to hit multiple characters, and with a soft keyboard I have to press individually.

Then again, the free work phone that doubles as my iPeng remote, my portable DB meter, my XBMC remote, my Harmony remote AND a portable music player - the device is very very handy for sure.

My wife made fun of me immediately though, as the first thing I bought for my new 5s was an Otterbox Defender.   Her comment was - "nice new small and slick iPhone.  Too bad you put it into the phone book to carry around on your hip!"

persisting1

« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2014, 07:26 pm »
Apple core is for audio.

A lot of people have replaced their iPods with an iPhone.

JohnR

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2014, 07:30 pm »
A lot of people have replaced their iPods with an iPhone.

Yes, and the size of the phone is relevant how? Don't bother answering,

geowak

« Reply #10 on: 15 Sep 2014, 11:13 pm »
Looks like the size of a Samsung Note II.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2014, 12:09 am »
I saw a picture with the iPhone 5s, IPhone 6, Samsung s5 and iPhone 6plus all in a row. The iPhone 6 and 6 plus are just a little smaller and just a little bigger that the Samsung. I'll need to put them in my hand to decide but I can't wait for them just so I can see them better.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2014, 01:19 am »

Thanks for sharing, quite helpful.

When my 5s contract ends in one year the Iphone 7 will most likely be out, but I would go for the size of the 6. The plus is too big to pack around. But if I were to have only one computer device it would be the 128 gig 6+.

Rocket_Ronny

Phil A

« Reply #13 on: 16 Sep 2014, 03:23 am »
I'm due for an upgrade in 4 months.  Definitely going to check them out.  If the size of the 6+ works for me as a phone, I would not mind using it for JRemote vs. the iPad mini with the music server.  It just would make it a drop easier/more convenient to use something I keep on me and on all the time.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep 2014, 03:38 am »
I'll definitely get an 6+.
I went from an iPhone 4S to an Galaxy S4 for a larger screen due to my old eyes. :)
As far as I am concerned, iPhone is much smoother to use.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #15 on: 16 Sep 2014, 09:53 am »
We just replaced iPhone 4S with Galaxy S5 at work and I hate the change.  With it's "Otter Box" the S5 is huge (feels like I'm lunking a bag phone around, remember those?).  Comparing 4S to S5 is like a Range Rover to a military Hum-V.  Honestly feel like a total dork holding an iPad to my ear in public.  It catches on everything and in the first week already hit the floor and pavement.  And the operating system is totally non-intuitive.  I've stopped wearing it, just leave it in my bag or on my work/home desk.

When will enough be enough?  Enough features (as mentioned above), enough size (big and small), enough complexity, enough portable devices already.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #16 on: 16 Sep 2014, 04:16 pm »
I'm due for an upgrade in 4 months.  Definitely going to check them out.  If the size of the 6+ works for me as a phone, I would not mind using it for JRemote vs. the iPad mini with the music server.  It just would make it a drop easier/more convenient to use something I keep on me and on all the time.

I was considering the 6 plus as well, wondering if it is enough like a computer to use itunes screen sharing? Then I wouldn't need to buy an ipad to control my mac mini.

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 16 Sep 2014, 08:20 pm »
I was considering the 6 plus as well, wondering if it is enough like a computer to use itunes screen sharing? Then I wouldn't need to buy an ipad to control my mac mini.

That's kind of my thought as well for the music server.  I bought the iPad mini over a year ago for it (and dropped it after owning it a few weeks and it still works with minor screen damage) and I have a wireless keyboard and monitor I use to start it up (Windows 8 based) and could use the keyboard and monitor (and did for a bit) but prefer to select it from the iPad mini.  Could have done it from the iPhone 5 but to me it is just too small and I don't need something as big as a full 10 inch iPad so I ended up with the Ipad mini.  While I don't use iTunes for music, I do have it for the iPhone and have a some discs I've put on it to try and I think you would be fine with a 5.5 inch screen (the iPad mini is 7 inches).  If I can use it as a phone (I'm in central FL so except for a few months I'm wearing cargo shorts with big pockets and if I can get a case for it like my iPhone 5 where it snaps in and has a cover over it that is like a book cover) and fit it into jeans as well, it's a no brainer for me.  I have Oppo players too and I knew there is an iPhone App (have not looked at it yet) but if I can play files attached to a hard drive which would be especially useful for the BDP-93 I have now in the master bedroom which feeds outdoor speakers (or the two 103Ds I have, one in the main system and one in a spare system with hard drives attached) it is another bonus.  I had the house wired with audio/video inputs from the master bedroom to outside and I take an old computer monitor with a video input out there so I can see the tracks playing and if I can see what is playing from the phone (and change tracks) that would another big plus.

Philistine

« Reply #18 on: 18 Sep 2014, 08:17 pm »
I need to upgrade my 4S, initial thoughts were a 6 Plus but, after reading reviews, maybe a regular 6 is fine?  I really need to get one in my hands in order to make the choice, checked with my local Apple store and they'll have display models tomorrow.  Not sure if this is a co-ordinated store roll out tomorrow, or its being done on a store by store basis....

guf

« Reply #19 on: 20 Sep 2014, 03:06 pm »
After using the 6 for a day it is plenty big for me. It's so big i feel a little embarrassed pulling it out. I can't imagine having the plus. Great upgrade for me from the 5.