How long does it normally take Odyssey to repair or upgrade an amp?

concim

Hi guys, has anybody sent in their amp for an upgrade or capacitor replacement?  Just wondering how long yours took.  I’ve been waiting since May of last year for my Stratos to get shipped back.  Klaus seems very busy and hard to get replies from. 

stereo5

• Current System
Since May 2016, that is close to a year.  You should have had it way before then.  You need to call Klaus weekly to keep reminding him about your amp so you can get it back.  The cap upgrade is probably no longer than a few hours work.

TJHUB

Unfortunately, this is doing business with Klaus.  You absolutely MUST keep after him.  I've sent my amps to him twice, and it was months to get them back when I was promised weeks.  If it has been that long for you, that is beyond rediculous.  You've been taken advantage of to say the least.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Yep, no product is worth this wait when there are MANY good products available. 

concim

Yes, I have been emailing him, called him a few times as well.  Last email he told me it will be done in two weeks and that was Nov of last year.  He has not replied to my previous email yet.  Hopefully he gets to it, the Stratos was a nice sounding amp.  I'll try emailing him again. 

TJHUB

Its best to call Klaus after 8pm EST.  Email doesn't work well. 

concim

Ok, just called and left a message.  Emailed Klaus as well.  Hopefully I get a reply. 

TJHUB

Ok, just called and left a message.  Emailed Klaus as well.  Hopefully I get a reply.

Best to call after 8 PM.  He's a night owl.

cementhead

without your amp since May?? That's just wrong.   :(

klaus@odyssey

Nope,  that is not acceptable and it's completely my fault !!!!!!
Actually,  I dropped the ball on 2 customers here...$%#%^$(&^$#&^$&^%(&^

Anyway, call me,  and I'll make it up to you,

Klaus

TJHUB

And now you get to find out that it's hard to stay mad at Klaus.  :wink:

concim

Called Klaus and talked through the amp component updates.  Got a great deal so I'm a happy customer now.  He just shipped the amp today, really looking forward to getting it soon.   :D

TJHUB

Great!  And I told you so.  :thumb:

dflee

I have no doubt your amp will sound great and you'll get return for both money and time spent.
I think more than anything else Klaus cares. That caring costs him at times concerning clients patience
but I think he makes it up to whoever in ways that ya can't help but like the guy.

Don

Zero

About as it long as it takes for him to make a bowel movement. 

But at least he makes up for the time loss and life-altering odor. 

:D 

concim

Got the amp.  Klaus definitely went above and beyond.  I don't want to talk about the deal he gave me, but just want to say.  I'm very please with what I got.  Now the not so fun part starts, amp burn-in.