Elpac power supply

Charles Calkins

Elpac power supply
« on: 26 Nov 2014, 05:52 pm »
Hi guys:
 My Squeeze box 3 died. Bolder cable co. did a lot of mods to it but Wayne said repair parts are probably not available.
 Wayne set it up to use an Elpac power supply. I've got one and don't need it anymore.
 Anybody know someone who might have use for it?

Cheers
                                                          Charlie

kenreau

Re: Elpac power supply
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2014, 06:06 pm »
I might possibly.  What is the output voltage / amp rating?  Is the Elpac all stock / original, or any Bolder mods to it?

Thanks
Kenreau

Hi guys:
 My Squeeze box 3 died. Bolder cable co. did a lot of mods to it but Wayne said repair parts are probably not available.
 Wayne set it up to use an Elpac power supply. I've got one and don't need it anymore.
 Anybody know someone who might have use for it?

Cheers
                                                          Charlie

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2014, 06:15 pm »
Kenreau:
 Not stock. Modified by Wayne of Bolder cable co. to work with my dead squeeze box 3. I haven't a clue as to output voltage / amp rating.

Cheers
                             Charlie

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2014, 07:57 pm »
There is some info here - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=64921.0

and here - http://www.highfidelityreview.com/bolder-cable-company-squeezebox-modifications.html

and I'm sure at other places

Depending on what I do down the road with a Squeezebox Touch sometime in the near future, I have a Bolder modded Jerome and a couple of other 5v power supplies (using the Channel Islands at the moment on the Touch) that I used with HDMI audio de-embedders that I am not currently using

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2014, 08:45 pm »
 This is what the label says on the Elpac. But since Wayne did modifications to it I don't know if these figures are correct

Power Supply
                                                              For computer
                                                      Peripheral equipment

Model NO.: WM220.:--1950

Input : 115VAC  60 Hertz  0.40A

Output: + 5VDC 2.0A
                                                                            +12VDC 0.5A
                                                                            -12VDC 0.5A
   Don't know if this will help but that's all the info. I have.  It has a dedicated 3 prong power cord and two power supply wires to the Squeeze box

Cheers

Charlie

Airborn

« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2014, 08:56 pm »
Charlie,
I still have a SB 3 (Classic I think they were called?) that works in a second system (mostly used by my wife).  So I could use an Elpac power supply modded to work with an SB3.  If you want to get rid of yours PM me and I will be happy to take it off your hands. :eyebrows:

Charles Calkins

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2014, 09:07 pm »
Charlie,
I still have a SB 3 (Classic I think they were called?) that works in a second system (mostly used by my wife).  So I could use an Elpac power supply modded to work with an SB3.  If you want to get rid of yours PM me and I will be happy to take it off your hands. :eyebrows:

Because of the mods Wayne did it won't work on a stock Squeeze box.

Cheers

Charlie