Sold; Modwright Oppo BDP-95 with PS 9.9 - Mint Condition

dminches

For sale is my mint condition Modwright Oppo BDP-95. I am the original owner.

Asking price $old plus shipping to CONUS.

The Modwright tube modifications, including the upgraded external power supply, take the Oppo BDP-95 to a new level. Many reviewers have favorably compared this unit as an audio player to those costing $5000 or more. The tubed output stage creates analog-sounding music. The power supply is the upgraded version which now has tube regulation and a hole in the cover to allow for tall rectifiers.

The stock Oppo is considered a high end player for both audio and video. It plays just about every audio format including SACD, DVD-A and HDCD.

Included in the sale, in all the original boxes is:
Modwright Oppo
PS 9.9 Power supply (the front of the PS says 9.0, but the back clearly shows it is 9.9)
Modwright umbilical cord ($200 upgrade)
Original boxes and manuals
Stock tubes

The tubes shown in the picture are not included in the sale. They are NOS Tung Sol 6SN7s and a Tung Sol 5U4G rectifier. If you are interested in 6SN7s I will include them for an extra $75.

I will absorb the paypal fees but the buyer pays for shipping.

The following is from Modwright's web site:
The Oppo Tube Mod for the 95 includes the following:
Removal of all feedback-based op-amp analog circuit.
Direct coupling of DAC output to ModWright’s I-V circuit.
Direct coupling of I-V circuit to ModWright’s fully balanced 6SN7 based Class A tube stage
Top quality parts throughout, including MWI capacitors and Takman Japanese carbon film resistors.
External tube-rectified high-voltage tube supply powers ModWright tube analog stage.
Optional ‘Truth’ umbilical between external tube supply and player provides clean and pure DC power for improved detail, dynamics and soundstage.
Upgrades to stock digital power supplies for lower jitter and less digital edge.
Enclosure and drive vibration damping for lower jitter and less digital glare.
5AR4 tube rectifier and 6SN7 driver tubes allow for broad range of tube rolling, to obtain the right tonal balance for YOUR system.

« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2014, 05:11 pm by dminches »

loving_it

Re: FS; Modwright Oppo BDP-95 with PS 9.9 - Mint Condition
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2014, 04:08 pm »
Someone will be getting a deal , very nice GLWS

soundofrockets

« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2014, 06:02 pm »
Location ?

dminches

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2014, 06:07 pm »
I am in south jersey - 08003.

billmcc

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2014, 06:22 pm »
Someone will be getting a deal , very nice GLWS

I agree 100%. What a great player but with the mods it must be incredible! GLWTS :).

Bill