Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #900 on: 27 Apr 2015, 01:48 pm »
Hi Ned,

That version requires a manual updating, its mentioned in the release notes, but as we have since released quite a few versions its kind of berried at this point.  You'll need to place the bdp into service mode and email us the service id along with a reminder that the firmware needs updating.

Cheers,
Chris

MoPac

« Reply #901 on: 23 May 2015, 03:56 pm »
BDP-2  S2.12 2015-05-15    iPad 2 & Chrome on XP
MPD 0.17.6

Chris:
 I can no longer delete a playlist by grabbing the music note and pulling to the center of the screen.  This is the case for both the iPad and Chrome.  Is there another way of deleting playlists now?

Thanks, Rich

andyrogers

« Reply #902 on: 29 May 2015, 08:42 am »
Using Manic Moose, I finally got around to setting up a NAS on my BDP-1 with the idea of putting all of my music files there, but so far I haven't been able to get MPoD to treat the NAS files as though they were part of the library. I can play files by browsing, but they do not show up in the Artist, Album, Song, or Genre lists. Is there something I need to do to get MPoD to recognize these files (beyond refreshing the cache and updating the database), or does MPoD simply not recognize NAS files?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #903 on: 30 May 2015, 12:35 am »
Using Manic Moose, I finally got around to setting up a NAS on my BDP-1 with the idea of putting all of my music files there, but so far I haven't been able to get MPoD to treat the NAS files as though they were part of the library. I can play files by browsing, but they do not show up in the Artist, Album, Song, or Genre lists. Is there something I need to do to get MPoD to recognize these files (beyond refreshing the cache and updating the database), or does MPoD simply not recognize NAS files?

Well you could try uninstalling and reinstalling mpod

andyrogers

« Reply #904 on: 1 Jun 2015, 09:15 am »
The NAS files just showed up the next day; I have no idea why, but this issue may be related to a phenomenon I noticed right after I upgraded to Magic Moose, after using the BDP-1 for about a year. At the beginning of the day, when I turned on my system, when I first started MPoD, no music showed up there at all. If I rebooted my phone, the music would appear in MPod. Whether it was due to the reboot, or simply the passage of time required to reboot the phone, I have no idea, but the problem definitely started with the upgrade to Magic Moose,
    S2.12 2015-05-15
    Build: Manic Moose
    MPD: 0.17.6 NEWS
    Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

I assume that it takes a little time for changes like additions to the library to filter out to MPoD (after refreshing the cache and updating the database), and it isn't clear from the documentation whether any restarts are required for the player or MPod, but if there are, it'd be good to know.

I also had the player go intermittent on me once or twice relatively soon after the upgrade, but a reboot fixed the problem, which I haven't seen since.

Cheers,

Andy

Marius

« Reply #905 on: 9 Jun 2015, 08:04 am »
HI Chris,

Any reason he BDP lists dEUS below ZZ Top?

If it is case sensitive, how to list it correctly between C and E without changing into Deus...

Thanks,
Marius

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #906 on: 9 Jun 2015, 05:26 pm »
I believe it has to do with the ASCII table. Each character is assigned a value. Capital letters come first in the order. So, a capital A is 65. Lower case a is 97. Thus, when the computer sorts the titles, it look at the VALUE of the first character. Since all the values for the capital letters are smaller, A-Z will always come first.

Here's a link to the ACSII table: http://www.asciitable.com/

Marius

« Reply #907 on: 9 Jun 2015, 05:49 pm »
HI Grit,

Thank you, you're right I guess. sounds very logical, for a computer.... But not very musical or user friendly.
Mpod found a way:

Maybe Chris could adapt something here?
Hope so, Cheers,

Marius

I believe it has to do with the ASCII table. Each character is assigned a value. Capital letters come first in the order. So, a capital A is 65. Lower case a is 97. Thus, when the computer sorts the titles, it look at the VALUE of the first character. Since all the values for the capital letters are smaller, A-Z will always come first.

Here's a link to the ACSII table: http://www.asciitable.com/

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #908 on: 10 Jun 2015, 12:39 am »
It's simple, use a sort that isn't case sensitive, but I'm not about to change for every single user without providing an option to either enable or disable it.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #909 on: 10 Jun 2015, 03:54 am »
I'd like to see it as an option one day.

Marius

« Reply #910 on: 11 Jun 2015, 08:40 am »
Please do, not just 'for every single user', but because it's a clear improvement of small oversight. It might not be a glitch to encounter each day, but as always: the devil is in the detail.

An enable/disable option would do of course, although it might not even be needed? When would you not want the album sorting to be case-insensitive, other than in case of misspelling...

Cheers,

Marius

It's simple, use a sort that isn't case sensitive, but I'm not about to change for every single user without providing an option to either enable or disable it.

MoPac

« Reply #911 on: 12 Jun 2015, 01:28 am »
S2.14 2015-06-08   iPad 2 IOS 8.3   XP Chrome & Windows 7 IE or Chrome

Chris:
 Just updated to above version.  Still unable to delete playlists using any of the above platforms.  :?

Thanks, Rich

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #912 on: 12 Jun 2015, 01:39 am »
Please do, not just 'for every single user', but because it's a clear improvement of small oversight. It might not be a glitch to encounter each day, but as always: the devil is in the detail.

An enable/disable option would do of course, although it might not even be needed? When would you not want the album sorting to be case-insensitive, other than in case of misspelling...

Cheers,

Marius

in the four years i have been developing the firmware for the bdp its never been that clear cut

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #913 on: 12 Jun 2015, 01:40 am »
S2.14 2015-06-08   iPad 2 IOS 8.3   XP Chrome & Windows 7 IE or Chrome

Chris:
 Just updated to above version.  Still unable to delete playlists using any of the above platforms.  :?

Thanks, Rich

if you place it in service mode and email me the service id i can check if anything is busted

Marius

« Reply #914 on: 12 Jun 2015, 01:50 pm »
Hi Chris,

To be honest, it only occurred after adding this dEUS recording. As I said, only a minor glitch. Would be great if you could incorporate in the next Beta-release.

I recall a related discussion on the MPOD/PAD forum where Berrie introduced auto-capitalization, after which he made it optional.

Cheers, and thanks again,
Marius

in the four years i have been developing the firmware for the bdp its never been that clear cut

audiohead

« Reply #915 on: 12 Jun 2015, 07:54 pm »
Hi Chris,

I tried to update my BDP-2 v2.12 to 2.14 but go the following error:

Downloading firmware filesystem
undefined% @undefined
Downloading boot drivers
100% @69
Downloading vmlinuz image

Micro Kernel Check Failed: md5 value missing

Could you help advise?

Thanks

Spyman

« Reply #916 on: 13 Jun 2015, 12:30 am »
Chris or James,

Is there someplace we can download the manual for Manic Moose? I printed out the original manual, but it's out of date now. I seem to remember a post one time that gave the link, but I can't find it now. I have the BPD-1 with the update as of 6-8.
Thanks,
Terry

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #917 on: 13 Jun 2015, 02:19 am »
Hi Terry,

You can always find the latest versions of our manuals on our technical downloads page

http://bryston.com/pages/technical.html

The manic moose manual can be found here, but i'm not sure when it was last updated

http://bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/BDP-2_MM_Manual.pdf

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #918 on: 13 Jun 2015, 02:25 am »
Hi Chris,

I tried to update my BDP-2 v2.12 to 2.14 but go the following error:

Downloading firmware filesystem
undefined% @undefined
Downloading boot drivers
100% @69
Downloading vmlinuz image

Micro Kernel Check Failed: md5 value missing

Could you help advise?

Thanks

I don't suppose i'll so lucky that you tried it once and gave up?

Well, judging by the log you posted, the BDP didn't download the checksum value for the Micro Kernel.  I know its there as i just updated both my BDP's at home with today's beta (testing) release, which would have downloaded that file.  Assuming you rebooted and tried a second time with the same results you should place the BDP into service mode and email me the service id.

Cheers,
Chris

audiohead

« Reply #919 on: 13 Jun 2015, 04:43 am »
I don't suppose i'll so lucky that you tried it once and gave up?

Well, judging by the log you posted, the BDP didn't download the checksum value for the Micro Kernel.  I know its there as i just updated both my BDP's at home with today's beta (testing) release, which would have downloaded that file.  Assuming you rebooted and tried a second time with the same results you should place the BDP into service mode and email me the service id.

Cheers,
Chris

You're right I rebooted and the update went smoothly, Tidal interface is way faster nice work! Thanks!