LONDON HALLOWEEN BAKE-OFF SHOW

Richard Dunn

LONDON HALLOWEEN BAKE-OFF SHOW
« on: 27 Mar 2010, 05:29 pm »
Hi Folks

In conjunction with The Hi-Fi Subjectivist forum members I am sponsoring and organising a London Bake-Off show for Sunday October 31st 2010 from 9am to 7pm, price £10. It is not like Scalford, people don't own rooms or even share rooms, it will be like a themed hotel based domestic bake-off. The themes will be 1. Computer based audio / digital 2. Vinyl based audio / record decks, cartridges, phono stages, suts 3. Amplifiers / valve v SS 4. Speakers 5. To be decided. Two people will volunteer to run each of the rooms. Attendees bring something in the bake-off catagories or to provide equipment for the base systems, or if you want then just music. Rooms can mix and match gear but responsibility for set up and change is with the room bosses and the owners of the gear being changed, no one else touches for safety and damage sake.

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tra...arriott-hotel/

The hotel is 200m from Junction 26 Waltham Cross on the M25 north of London. They have a small wing off the main foyer that is self contained with 5 meeting rooms, all big enough for at least 20 to 30 people to listen, all opening onto a large square seating area with coffee and tea facilities. Own side entrance from car park for access, unloading etc. This wing is mostly used for business meetings, conferences etc. It is a fine hotel with large bar, restaurants and health spar and swimming pool.

There is a foyer area the rooms open out onto, it is ours to use to chat have coffee etc in and the dem rooms are around it.

Members here can register interest and volunteer to help here in this thread and the show will be open to other forums and other forum member to participate, it is just that for political reasons I cannot link to or tell Hi-Fi Wigwam or Art of Sound members about it. *ALL* other forums and *ALL* other individuals and non members are welcome, the show will be an industry truce to all belligerents.

It should be fun and informative and I hope lots of you can come and join us for the day.

This is the thread at subjectivist for those who are interested http://thehifisubjectivist.noadforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79