MIT Speaker Cable

Harmon

MIT Speaker Cable
« on: 9 May 2003, 10:34 pm »
Anyone here have any experience with Terminator 2 MIT Speaker Cable or any other MIT cable. Thanks

Hantra

MIT Speaker Cable
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2003, 02:24 am »
Sucks. .  hehehe  as Pez would say. . .

I have never been a believer in cable that intentionally limits bandwidth.  If your geometry and metallurgy is good, then no need to limit bandwidth.  Rolling off a cable allows them to get away with using inferior cable, and NO geometry IMO. . .

B

hk29

MIT Speaker Cable
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2003, 05:20 am »
I had a pair of T2 biwire between an ATI 1502 and Polk Audio LS90.  I personally liked the improvement over standard wire.  Wider soundstage, more transparent, and cleaner (less grit).  I personally liked the way they sounded (which is the only thing that matters).  Would I buy them again?  Only if I found them cheap.  Otherwise, I'd try something else - There are so many other cables to try ... ZU, kimber, etc.

KeithR

MIT Speaker Cable
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2003, 06:34 am »
While I generally believe in Hantra's comments, I feel MIT has made some interesting technological advances in the Oracle line on matching impedance that many, many very respected audiophiles use and are very enthusiastic about.  Another example would be that Spectral components pretty much require MIT wire.  And Keith Johnson is one of the most highly respected individuals in the business.  Dave Wilson is another fan.

Of course, V4 starts at like 2-3k so price of admission is high.