Need advice on cost effective speakers

btimm

Re: Need advice on cost effective speakers
« Reply #40 on: 17 Aug 2014, 03:11 am »
Possibly you shouldn't have mentioned you're buying speakers for a media room in the home you're selling :duh:  Saving yourself the frustration reading the comments you received.

You're targeting a limited number of buyers… Given your occupation, will a functional media room actually sell your home? Doubtful.

grantc79

« Reply #41 on: 19 Aug 2014, 01:23 am »
Possibly you shouldn't have mentioned you're buying speakers for a media room in the home you're selling :duh:  Saving yourself the frustration reading the comments you received.

You're targeting a limited number of buyers… Given your occupation, will a functional media room actually sell your home? Doubtful.

The last home that I sold that had a media room (which isn't as nice as this one) was a great home with a 2 car garage that sold to a guy who had a classic car that just had to have a 3 car garage.

His daily driver went outside, he loved the media room.

Not so doubtful.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #42 on: 19 Aug 2014, 01:51 am »
The last home that I sold that had a media room (which isn't as nice as this one) was a great home with a 2 car garage that sold to a guy who had a classic car that just had to have a 3 car garage.

Not so doubtful.

Right--enough bashing a real estate agent for not knowing how to sell a house.  I've finished his L&R towers and center, and will have the surrounds done tomorrow.  Someone is going to buy a house with the most cost-effective media room on the planet.   

grantc79

« Reply #43 on: 19 Aug 2014, 10:45 am »
Right--enough bashing a real estate agent for not knowing how to sell a house.  I've finished his L&R towers and center, and will have the surrounds done tomorrow.  Someone is going to buy a house with the most cost-effective media room on the planet.

That's something I can get behind right there great work!

Can't wait to get them.

Saturn94

« Reply #44 on: 19 Aug 2014, 07:11 pm »
I'm looking forward to reading your impressions of the Affordable speaker line.  :thumb:

sfox7076

« Reply #45 on: 19 Aug 2014, 07:52 pm »

Not so doubtful.

You are not in the Northeast.  heh.

grantc79

« Reply #46 on: 20 Aug 2014, 01:59 am »
You are not in the Northeast.  heh.

That is probably the biggest difference.

In certain areas where housing prices are through the roof I could see it being a negative I'm you had a 2 bedroom home that could be 3 if you didn't have the damn audio/media room.

The homes we build, sell, etc typically have a minimum of 4 and many as high as 6 bedrooms. We don't have to give up functionality of the home to have the media room.