How do we setup the new 60V power supplies with the Marschinos???

RCduck7

I just got my five 60V power supplies for a 5 channel setup of Maraschinos delivered to my door. Nice packing again BTW! But as i'm writing this i didn't get the time to use these yet, i just unpacked.

I will use just one power supply for every single Maraschino. I have a few questions about how to setup this the best way on quality signal and aesthetics.

Should i place a Maraschino with it's own 60V power supply on each speaker (including the far away back channels) and use long RCA cables and short speaker wires?
Or would it be better to keep the 5 Maraschinos with the five 60V power supplies close to each other on a rack and use short RCA cables and long speaker cables?

And a question more about aesthetics. With a Maraschino amp on a marble base, would i put that Maraschino on top of the 60V power supply or keep them on the side?
Also not sure what the front of the 60V power supply should be facing with cables going on 2 sides of the power supply.

How do i setup this best? What side of the Power supply do we use as the front side? Black side or the red side with cables up front??

RCduck7

Anyone?? Long speaker cables versus long rca cables??
And how do we place the 60V power in companion with the Maraschino??

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Anyone?? Long speaker cables versus long rca cables??
And how do we place the 60V power in companion with the Maraschino??
Don't have any photos of this in my gallery yet, but I typically put the power supply on a lower shelf, DC output connector facing me, power switch in the back....  The enclosure is meant to be on the floor for the In-Line Maraschino, by the way.

Shorter speaker wire seems to have great results with the Maraschino, probably due to the ultra low output impedance.

More later.....

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Don't have any photos of this in my gallery yet, but I typically put the power supply on a lower shelf, DC output connector facing me, power switch in the back....  The enclosure is meant to be on the floor for the In-Line Maraschino, by the way.

Shorter speaker wire seems to have great results with the Maraschino, probably due to the ultra low output impedance.

More later.....
Just a note about speaker wires.....  10 feet of 12 gauge wire is about 0.02 ohms, which is greater than the output impedance of the Maraschino!  This means that the damping factor gets cut in HALF by the speaker wire, assuming zero additional contact resistance (connectors add significant resistance).  We strongly believe in carrying the signal to the amplifier (preferably with balanced cables), which can be done with much less significant side effects than running long speaker wires.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
If you own 48V Maraschinos, check out the DUAL 60V upgrade deal here:
http://kck.st/1EKKHSt

Check out the "rewards" section.

A little more than 3 days left on the project, so get in before it's too late.  Orders from the Kickstarter will be shipped before orders outside the program.

By the way, there's a sweet deal on a pair of demo desktop Maraschinos in there.  Only one pair available!

Thanks to Seth for adding the cable deal (see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=133137.msg1418883#msg1418883)!

-Tommy O