The inaugural welcome post

Phil A

Re: The inaugural welcome post
« Reply #20 on: 6 Dec 2012, 05:09 pm »
I just put me on the map, and I'd like to join MAAC. My audio disease started 1968 when I got a KLH int amp and open reel deck and built a pair of speakers.

Welcome, it's good to see the survival rate has lasted over 40 years :green:

KLH007

« Reply #21 on: 6 Dec 2012, 05:53 pm »
Phil, My initials are KLH, so I had a KLH integrated amp, RTR deck, and KLH 6 speakers for a while.

Phil A

« Reply #22 on: 7 Dec 2012, 12:20 am »
Phil, My initials are KLH, so I had a KLH integrated amp, RTR deck, and KLH 6 speakers for a while.

Never had KLH but have owned Henry Kloss designs

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #23 on: 8 Dec 2012, 04:07 pm »
I have KLH 911B's sitting in a bedroom waiting for me to hook them up to the receiver sitting on the floor.  (Best laid plans, etc.)  I honestly can't remember where or why I bought them, I think to use as surrounds maybe?  But they are some of the least offensive cheap speakers I've ever heard.

oledude

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jul 2013, 05:28 pm »
Just learned about Audiocircle from Klaus B. at Odyssey this past weekend.  Would like to put myself on the map in the Annapolis area.  Look forward to meeting the group someday.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #25 on: 29 Jul 2013, 11:07 pm »
Welcome oledude.  We are pretty much all old dudes, so you should fit right in, I think there's a couple of meets scheduled for the fall and all are welcome.

Phil A

« Reply #26 on: 29 Jul 2013, 11:50 pm »
One will be at my place in Sept (northern VA) and on the other side of the river in Nov at Rich Ws (and we may try to do something in August too)

oledude

« Reply #27 on: 31 Jul 2013, 01:18 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  I, too, was at the CAF this past weekend and probably walked past many of you.  I know I met Phil in the Odyssey room.  I am the one who lugged the Loreleis home from the show while Phil got the preamp.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #28 on: 31 Jul 2013, 04:37 pm »
Perhaps we met as well - I was the guy with the older kenwood turntable waiting on another AC guy (?). If not, that was the "other" Annapolis guy!   :lol:

In anycase - welcome & hope to see you (again?) at one of the meet-ups.

Jon

P.s.  St Johns College '94. The "other" Annapolis school - the cool one that is.  :lol:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #29 on: 31 Jul 2013, 05:06 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  I, too, was at the CAF this past weekend and probably walked past many of you.  I know I met Phil in the Odyssey room.  I am the one who lugged the Loreleis home from the show while Phil got the preamp.

Then I saw you in the room.   I was there at the end -- even helped boxing up the speakers.   I think I might have said something like, "you are getting a great deal."  Welcome to AC.

I want to do an informal get-together at my place in Vienna on the 17th or 24th of August and you are cordially invited.

Phil A

« Reply #30 on: 31 Jul 2013, 05:08 pm »

Nice meeting you.  I'm horrible with names (but at my age I'm lucky when I look in the mirror that I know my own :lol:).  Nice speakers.  I have not hooked the preamp up yet.  I opened it up and ordered some Synergy HiFi tubes which will get shipped out today.  Klaus is a hoot too.  Great guy.  It's nice to meet someone who enjoys what he does, brings sensible value to customers and is not in it just for money.

vkohl

• Restricted
« Reply #31 on: 22 Jan 2018, 03:25 am »
berks county PA here !

...from 1978 with a pair of Rogers LS3/5A's ---------> to 2017 and a pair of Salk HT3's !  :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 22 Jan 2018, 05:13 am »
Welcome vkohl.  Nice speakers.

C17FXR

• Remember, you don't have to rewind the Blu-ray.
« Reply #33 on: 6 Oct 2018, 04:22 pm »
HellO MAAC.
Is someone from the I-81 corridore too far west for this group?

I'm trying to purchase in Martinsburg, WV., crrently staying in Frederick, MD. till we can get too closing. I noticed Capital Audiofest will be just down the road in a couple weeks and plan to attend on that Saturday. Anyway if you are willing to accept a roaming southerner from the west into your eastern group I would be interested.

I started my addiction with a no-name receiver with a TV tuner and cheap JCPenny's outlet speakers when I was a kid in high school. That addiction has grown to a full blown Vandersteen surround system with SMc Audio/McCormack gear being fed a healthy diet from VPI, Metrum and Denon sources.

Anyway let me know if there's room to slide in and share the addiction.    :popcorn:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #34 on: 6 Oct 2018, 04:36 pm »
Welcome to the area!

Hope to see you and other MAAC folks at CAF!

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #35 on: 7 Oct 2018, 01:08 pm »
Welcome C17FXR, yes, most certainly you can be a part of the group.  All are welcome, step into the light, all are welcome...

CAF is a great show, small enough to be friendly, large enough to be representative.  You may see a tired and haggard middle aged man sighing deeply at some new problem, that will be Gary Gill who works his butt off to make the show better every year.

C17FXR

• Remember, you don't have to rewind the Blu-ray.
« Reply #36 on: 7 Oct 2018, 01:26 pm »
Thanks, looking forward to the event. Is there a particular place and time you guys meet at or hangout?

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #37 on: 7 Oct 2018, 04:00 pm »
Thanks, looking forward to the event. Is there a particular place and time you guys meet at or hangout?

Saturday Night dinner. You are welcome to join. We also go eat lunch and dinner throughout the C.A.F. event.

jtnt

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio
« Reply #38 on: 24 Oct 2019, 02:31 pm »
Quick intro post, as I've just gone from lurker to participant. :)

My name is Nicholas, and I live in DC and grew up just outside of Richmond.

I've owned gear from the big guys like Kenwood, B&W, Rotel, Pro-ject, to companies like Rega, SVS and most recently from small, American manufacturers like Rogue and Ryan Speakers.

To explain the "Industry Participant" label, I currently work for Linear Tube Audio. Previously, I worked for Furnace Record Pressing, and I'm a former music photographer and lifelong music fan (raised on everything from showtunes to John Prine).

So, as you can see, music has been a key part of my life and career for most of my life.

I look forward to meeting some of you in person at events in the area in the future. Maybe at CAF coming up here soon...

questz1z

« Reply #39 on: 22 Apr 2021, 11:10 am »
Thank You for forming this circle! What about us northern West Virginia audiophiles???!!!