Axiom M80 V3 with My Bryston System - 'I cannot believe that this happened'

axiom_man

So Dave

whatever happened to the DSP review ????
Did you ever get the DSP, actually I see this post is now 3 yrs old do you still have the M80's ? do you still enjoy them or have you moved on ?

What ever happened to the DSP

PRELUDE

So Dave

whatever happened to the DSP review ????
Did you ever get the DSP, actually I see this post is now 3 yrs old do you still have the M80's ? do you still enjoy them or have you moved on ?

What ever happened to the DSP
If you try to bring this post back to life, you are most likely declare on war again.
I think the DSP was meant for, DEPRESSED SOUND PLEASURE :lol:

james_mccomb

I signed up to audiocircle specifically to respond to a few comments I had seen earlier. Especially around the "DSP", and the speaker performance. Firstly, the "DSP" does, very subtly, adjust the signal pattern between the source device, and the speaker. Each speaker from different manufacturers has unique crossovers, drivers, and cabinet design. It's unavoidable. I have yet to see a speaker system deliver a perfectly flat response curve. The engineers at Axiom know sound. So, they basically took a few of their speakers into an anechoic chamber and measured their response. The solution is an external signal processing device that ensures the speakers themselves deliver a nearly perfectly flat response. I'm guessing these run at microprocessor speeds in the gighertz range, which is far beyond what human hearing could possibly detect. IIRC correctly, the M-80 and M-100 models are already neutral within 1/2 or so DB. The DSP? is just an ever so subtle nudge at some well defined frequencies to get them to achieve even better music delivery. It's a rather miniscule adjustment that. frankly, most people except sound engineers and the "cost is no limit" audiophiles would be able to hear. I've compared my Axiom M80's with several different combinations of audiophile speaker combinations, and they are still the top of my list.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
The M80 is a GREAT speaker and was what sold me on working with Axiom to develop our Bryston speakers.

I listened to them in my sound room,  and god knows I have over these many years had all kinds of exotic speakers in my home.  I thought "if Axiom can achieve this kind of performance at this price range I want in"

james

FireGuy

I have all of Axiom's bookshelf models up to Version 3... and love them.  Shockingly good for the $$.   V4 I hear with the much improved, higher output tweeter is every BETTER.  Too bad Axiom does not attend the more audio shows other than Montreal.  They need more exposure to showcase their products.  Their design is about the family of curves.  Clean and neutral sound.  Pristine for sure.