Available for immediate shipping - Graphite Black Aurora

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
These have been my personal pair for approx. 6 months, can ship these inside a week to any address Worldwide.  They have a few upgrades in the crossover, inquire for details. 

Price - $2800 + shipping

The paint is a very dark grey, indoors looks black.  It has also been fully wet-sanded and buffed to perfection, they're flawless!  Look at how straight the reflections are, no peel in the paint.  And the one close-up shot is included to show the flake in the paint. 

This is the first ever in 5+ years of operation that we've had something listed for immediate sale!  If you want to try a Vapor design but don't want to wait for it to be built, this is your chance. 

wisnon

Re: Available for immediate shipping - Graphite Black Aurora
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2014, 08:32 pm »
Very nice!

Carl V

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2014, 09:35 pm »
are these available for Audition?

rockadanny

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2014, 10:28 pm »
Wow! Sweet! Beautiful!
I see they are nominal 4 ohms.
What is minimum ohms please?
What all have you used to satisfactorily drive them?

Ultralight

« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2014, 11:32 pm »
Beautiful!

Quick ask: The specs on these are impressive with bass extension reaching down low like a mid sized floor stander.   I see they are rear ported - idea minimum distance from rear wall?  And assume they are more suited to mid and larger sized room than smallish rooms - say around 150 square feet and below?

Thanks,
UL

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2014, 12:23 am »
Nice!

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #6 on: 31 Oct 2014, 12:59 am »
Wow! Sweet! Beautiful!
I see they are nominal 4 ohms.
What is minimum ohms please?
What all have you used to satisfactorily drive them?

Thanks, min is 4.1 ohm at 110hz.  I used at 25wpc KT88 integrated on them for quite awhile, and it drove them very well.  Anything 25watts and up will do just fine. 

What sets the Aurora apart from other monitors is dynamics and authority.  These go solid into the low 30's, and into the 20's in room.  They're able to do it because the cabinet is much larger than you think, it's close to 1.5cu/ft, which is larger than many small floorstanders.  And the T-Labs ceramic tweeter is already one of the beefiest, most dynamic dome tweeters on the market.  Put it in our waveguide, and it takes dynamics to another level. 

A few notes about the design:
- the crossover is in the base of the stands, which are included.  That means binding posts at floor level, no speaker wire dangling 2 feet off the ground.  It also means the crossover is isolated from vibrations inside the cabinet. 
- the port is out the bottom back of the speaker.  That means they can be placed closer to the wall than a rear port, it also keeps the outside look very clean.  The port is very large diameter so you'll never have any port noise. 
- they're heavy, the speaker/stand assembly is about 75 pounds each side. 
- with heavy toe in where the speakers cross about 2' in front of your head, you get excellent off-axis tonality and about a 3 person wide sweet spot.  You will literally notice hardly any change in tone as you move around the room. 
- heavy tilt back on the front baffle really helps in raising the soundstage height.  Image height can be huge and very convincing on these, much more than you expect from a monitor. 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2014, 01:02 am »
are these available for Audition?

In St Louis, yes

rockadanny

« Reply #8 on: 31 Oct 2014, 02:46 am »
Thank you Ryan  :thumb:

bajaed

« Reply #9 on: 31 Oct 2014, 03:35 am »
Gentlemen, these speakers are the real deal. I had the privilege of listening to this very set of speakers for about an hour and a half in August. They are incredible.

We threw everything at them from Blues to Classic Rock, Acoustic..... and, of course, Infected Mushroom. They handled everything with ridiculous ease, and the sound was addicting.

By the way, I understand why Ryan uses Infected Mushroom to demo his speakers. It's aggressive , hard edged, complex and has intense electronic percussion. Any speaker that can play Infected Mushroom loudly and not have problems is really good. The Aurora made me enjoy IM!

You can rock these out with zero fatigue or listen to beautiful acoustic guitar and vocals and be seduced by rich harmonics and accurate detail. The bass is amazing even for a big pair of standmounts. I immediately noticed the strong bass presence but was struck at how balanced the sound stayed.  Really, really nice!

I laughed when I read Ryan's comment above about the toe in. I remember walking in the room wondering why he hadn't finished setting them up. The toe in was very aggressive and I couldn't understand how that setup could sound good. He told me that it was the correct orientation for these speakers and that proved to be true. They threw a wide soundstage and moving way off axis did no harm to the sound. An added benefit of this was an aesthetic one. The Auroras are flat out  badass looking and their profile is the most appealing angle. It's a great view of these speakers from the listening chair.

Somebody buy these quick or I may have to get involved. I am very, very happy with my Breeze and had zero desire to upgrade any time soon until I saw this thread. Make me a reasonable offer on my really nice Vapor Breeze and I'll be on my way to St. Louis the next day to pick these up.

Ultralight

« Reply #10 on: 31 Oct 2014, 07:07 am »
That's good reading....:)  Makes me want to trade my Line Magnetic 518 SET amp for a pair of these.... :o  (But I'm assuming that these are for sale only and not trade.)

I'm actually surprised at the quote about the wide sweet spot.  I thought that smaller drivers (i.e. LS50's small 5" driver with very wide & even dispersion) would give a wider sweet spot while the large 8 inch driver would have less dispersion. 

UL

2gumby2

« Reply #11 on: 31 Oct 2014, 09:56 am »
PM sent for purchase of these speakers.

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 3 Nov 2014, 03:17 am »
are these sold?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #13 on: 3 Nov 2014, 03:36 am »
are these sold?

They are verbally committed for, but payment has not yet been received. 

harley52

« Reply #14 on: 7 Nov 2014, 09:12 pm »
 I had a white pr. of Aurora's for about a year and I find it hard to describe the sound as they do so very little wrong. The size of the driver really has no effect on the wide dispersion. The way I had them set up, firing about 2-2.5ft. in front of me made them wider than aimed straight ahead. I had mine toed in more than Ryan had them set up when I drove to St. Louis, Cardinals can't win them all, for an audition. It was so nice to be able to lean over if I wanted to w/o upsetting the music. And they make music not sounds. I had them set up apprx. 16 inches from the front wall, but with the port being on the bottom, the stands have a matching hole for the port also, I had great sound out of them w/o bloat. If you didn't know they were a ported design you'd never guess they were. They have such a tight low end and I'm sure the uber expensive driver's have a lot to do with that. I was never able to put more than 20-25wpc on peaks and still be comfortable.

While I was at Ryan's place he put on some music and one song had the woofer jumping 1/4-1/2" and it didn't make any difference whatsoever. Talk about fine driver's. Kinda, bullet proof. I'm sitting there when the woofer got to jumping around that I thought to myself, Ryan messed up and that driver is toast in the next two seconds, but as I said it just went about it's business w/o any screw up. I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again, at $4000 they are priced about right w/o stands. With the stands which are beautiful by the way, they should be priced another $500-$600 higher.
 I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. BTW, they were to be the last speaker I ever purchased and that feeling became even more engrained the longer I had them.

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #15 on: 17 Nov 2014, 07:07 am »
I may interested in these if they are not sold. However Ryan...I am still waiting for updates on the Perfect Storm....

thomasjefferson

« Reply #16 on: 8 Dec 2014, 04:03 am »
That glossy waveguide in the first image looks like a vortex into another dimension.

EdRo

« Reply #17 on: 8 Dec 2014, 06:56 pm »
Would that be the Polar Vortex of AWESOME???!!!! Maybe a Sharknado Vortex of SWEEEET???