• Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Walter Becker
« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2017, 06:37 pm »
"Aja" was mixed on Magnepans.

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 4 Sep 2017, 12:26 am »
'Reelin' In the Years' is one of those songs that never fails to take me back to its own time in my mind. RIP Walter Becker.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2017, 03:21 am »
In the early 70's they played at Louisiana Tech.  It was the last date on that tour and they were tired, turning in a noticeably below par performance.  At one point Fagan said F#4% tonight" quite clearly.  But La Tech didn't get many big acts and the audience just kept cheering.  After about half the show the band started perking up and were commenting on how great a reception they were receiving.  They wound up replaying the first half of the show and were excellent.  After the show I heard they stayed and went out drinking with some of the students, ending with riding on the roof of someone's car.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2017, 02:08 pm »
In the early 70's they played at Louisiana Tech.  It was the last date on that tour and they were tired, turning in a noticeably below par performance.  At one point Fagan said F#4% tonight" quite clearly.  But La Tech didn't get many big acts and the audience just kept cheering.  After about half the show the band started perking up and were commenting on how great a reception they were receiving.  They wound up replaying the first half of the show and were excellent.  After the show I heard they stayed and went out drinking with some of the students, ending with riding on the roof of someone's car.

That's a great story. Never saw them live, but always enjoyed their music.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #6 on: 5 Sep 2017, 10:10 pm »
What an amazing legacy this band and this Man were. I saw their 20 year reunion at the Gorge in George, Washington State and was lucky enough to sit in the "Golden Circle Seats" I had never seen them before since they really didn't tour. They used studio musicians that were amazing on and off the road.

I have since seen them 3 times, each at the Chateau Ste Michelle Winery which is an amazing venue. if you show up 3 hours early to get in line, you get to sit dead center in the grass right behind the reserved plastic white seats. Those poor people's chairs sit on concrete and they get to fry in the heat and have no tables for their food.

Rest in peace Walter, you were a pleasure to watch and listen to each and every time.

Greg