Back to Zenwave ICs

jonbee

Back to Zenwave ICs
« on: 14 Feb 2016, 04:56 pm »
I've been reconfiguring my 2 main systems this last year, mainly trying out new speaker options in both. Because of tonality issues with some of the new speakers I'd taken out my D3 and D4s to use other, more colored cables to adjust for that. After a couple of swaps I ultimately ended up with Von Schweikert VR5 HSEs and LaHave Melas, both of which are very neutral and resolved in my systems. I then switched back to D4s and bought back the pair of D3s I had sold last year.
In both cases, my ears immediately appreciated the natural, unforced and honest presentations, detailed yet full bodied. They really let all the music through, and it is lovely to hear it presented in such an unedited form.
The D4s do present that last 5% of ambient information a bit better than the D3s, but both are a real treat.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Back to Zenwave ICs
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2016, 09:53 pm »
Hi Jon, thanks for the update! I know you've been going through some system changes and I understand my cables may not be the best pair with some gear, nothing is... but I am glad you are using them and enjoying them again.  :thumb: 

Stercom

Re: Back to Zenwave ICs
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2016, 11:22 pm »
Hi Jon -  I have something similar to share. For years, I've been using a very good phono cable. My tonearm was wired for a DIN connection so I haven't been able to use D4s with it. I asked Dave about a DIN connection and while it is possible to put a DIN on the D4 its just not practical. So I had a Cardas phono box installed on my table so I could use RCA D4s. The difference is extraordinary. The D4s put to shame what many believe is an excellent phono cable - which it is - until put up against the D4s!