Folsom's great little 7297 Chip Amp

gychang

Re: Folsom's great little 7297 Chip Amp
« Reply #80 on: 12 Dec 2015, 12:35 am »
is there a link on ebay for this amp?

Folsom

« Reply #81 on: 12 Dec 2015, 12:55 am »
No, this isn't the eBay amplifier. It's a Folsom proprietary design.

Funding is complete for both now. It takes about 15 days for the $, and then I'll have the boards printed 1-2 weeks. Then all of you will know what Scott, Dave, and Tyson have said about it.

For those of you that are new to this, I suggest you freshen up your knowledge and skills and it should be real easy.

gychang

« Reply #82 on: 12 Dec 2015, 02:36 am »
No, this isn't the eBay amplifier. It's a Folsom proprietary design.

Funding is complete for both now. It takes about 15 days for the $, and then I'll have the boards printed 1-2 weeks. Then all of you will know what Scott, Dave, and Tyson have said about it.

For those of you that are new to this, I suggest you freshen up your knowledge and skills and it should be real easy.

sounds good, I have a basic soldering skills...

Folsom

« Reply #83 on: 12 Dec 2015, 02:43 am »
sounds good, I have a basic soldering skills...

:thumb:

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #84 on: 13 Dec 2015, 08:42 pm »
Just now noticed this, too late for the campaign.  Did you say you will have extra boards for those who missed the boat?

Folsom

« Reply #85 on: 13 Dec 2015, 09:49 pm »
Sure will!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #86 on: 13 Dec 2015, 11:36 pm »
Great!! Thanks

Now if I can just learn how to work with and solder ity-bity parts with big, fat, clumsy fingers  :o

Mike
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2015, 05:37 pm by mlundy57 »

robert1325

« Reply #87 on: 18 Dec 2015, 06:50 am »
Hello Folsom,

I've been running my modded 6$ tda7297 for a while now, swapping it in and out with my dual chip tpa3116, and would like to get one of your boards too once it becomes available. Hope there will be one left.   :thumb:

Folsom

« Reply #88 on: 18 Dec 2015, 07:03 am »
Guy's, don't worry, there will be plenty. No one is going to get turned down anytime soon. It won't be until at least after the first people to build and post results that I could even conceive of selling them all out. It's important to understand that went printing PCB's I can get 10x for $100, but I can also get 150 for around $250. So you see, there was plenty of funding to order enough boards to last for awhile.

gil41

« Reply #89 on: 23 Dec 2015, 12:28 am »
Hi,
Been lurking and following your board updates but too late for the funding phase. Just starting to mess up/play/explore/have fun/etc. the world of chip/cheap/affordable amps and joined today to formalize my intent in acquiring boards. Once available, could you please let me know how to buy them.
thanks and more power to you.

Folsom

« Reply #90 on: 25 Dec 2015, 04:18 am »
Hi,
Been lurking and following your board updates but too late for the funding phase. Just starting to mess up/play/explore/have fun/etc. the world of chip/cheap/affordable amps and joined today to formalize my intent in acquiring boards. Once available, could you please let me know how to buy them.
thanks and more power to you.

Hi, you can PM me for now. Otherwise I'll be posting in Industry ads when I find the best place to sell from (somewhere that people can click "buy").

Folsom

« Reply #91 on: 7 Jan 2016, 01:19 am »
Hey everyone who's been following the thread, I had to switch PCB suppliers. Sadly the one I liked more than doubled their price. But I was able to find a US based outfit with comparable prices, and they're ordered. China has a few good suppliers but I prefer to do US based business if possible. (The price difference believe it or not isn't really a thing if you find a US printer that doesn't charge an arm and leg until you get into the thousands of boards amount; and consider shipping from China is like $110, so it can cost more without a discount)

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #92 on: 7 Jan 2016, 03:04 am »
Hi, you can PM me for now. Otherwise I'll be posting in Industry ads when I find the best place to sell from (somewhere that people can click "buy").

Thanks Folsom, I'd agree with that 100%, and I appreciate how you've followed the guidelines and not promoted your product, only answering direct questions about the amp and ps.  I think it's the hardest to walk that fine line for guys like you for whom it's much more a hobby than a business.  And about the time you have a place people can click "buy" is about the time you'd need to move the business side over there.  Thanks for steering that side of it to Industry Ads without being asked, and please don't be shy about posting info on this thread, it's really cool to have the designer tell you about a product directly.

Folsom

« Reply #93 on: 7 Jan 2016, 05:45 am »
Thanks. I'm trying to work towards paying for my own circle and what not, but I'm not there yet so I want to be respectful to the rules and to the people interested (many which have paid money to make this project happen).

It's fun trying to bring something truly good to people at a price anyone can do. 

BTW

:thumb:

jseipp

« Reply #94 on: 7 Jan 2016, 06:18 am »
It's much appreciated!

Folsom

« Reply #95 on: 13 Jan 2016, 06:52 pm »
I just checked on the boards. They ship to me tomorrow.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Oh and I have some Great News.

While I've been writing up some instructions and checking the BOM over for like the 10th time to make sure it's perfect, I decided to do a test with another part. The result is you guys will save $10, and the best part... It's a huge upgrade, the amp sounds way better than when anyone heard it before. 8)

jseipp

« Reply #96 on: 13 Jan 2016, 07:54 pm »
Ready to make some solder fumes here....

KR500

« Reply #97 on: 16 Jan 2016, 01:54 am »
Folsom ;
been really busy at work and missed the group buy
I need another amp like ( fill in the blank ) , but am interested for a fun project this spring and summer to match the volume control I built
PM sent

Folsom

« Reply #98 on: 19 Jan 2016, 08:50 pm »

flavo

« Reply #99 on: 20 Jan 2016, 11:06 pm »
Hi there, these look fantastic.
What is the cost of the boards shipped to CT? And what is the cost of the components to populate them? Is there a volume pot or should I use a pre-amp with this?
I hope when some of these get built that they get some images posted up here.
I'd like to put both boards in the same box. Can you tell me roughly how tall and wide the populated boards are and how much clearance should be left around them?
Thanks so much.
Mike