HD-AVP successor supporting HDCP 2.2?

alexreusch

HD-AVP successor supporting HDCP 2.2?
« on: 22 Aug 2017, 02:10 pm »
As HDCP 2.2 compliant devices become more and more standard, is there a chance to get a successor of the HD-AVP being fully HDCP 2.2 compliant? I was looking around to find external HDMI video processing/matrix switchers (because I do have a TV and a projector), but this seems to get complicated, just to keep the HD-AVP...

Any update?

alexreusch

Re: HD-AVP successor supporting HDCP 2.2?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2017, 07:50 pm »
Any update?  :roll:

witchdoctor

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2017, 01:23 am »
Check out HDFury as a workaround. Plug and play easy:

https://www.hdfury.com/

alexreusch

« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep 2017, 02:02 pm »
I am not looking for a workaround. Also, this kind of setup will not work for me. I am looking for a next gen pre-amp, which will fully support HDCP 2.2

witchdoctor

« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2017, 03:02 am »
I am not looking for a workaround. Also, this kind of setup will not work for me. I am looking for a next gen pre-amp, which will fully support HDCP 2.2

There are a lot of them. I was looking at TV's that support 4K/Dolby Vision and I noticed most of them have multiple HDMI ports (3 or 4). My processor doesn't support HDCP 2.2 either but all I would do is plug my components directly into the TV. The HDMI cable going to my processor from the TV will carry the audio from which ever component is in use. I would rather take the $$$ for a new processor and get a new TV instead :).

alexreusch

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2017, 03:15 pm »
As I already said, this is not a setup that works for me. I run a TV and Projector, for which I then would have to use two cables for each source. Also, not all sources do have multiple HDMI outs, so this setup does not work for me.

Anyway, there is no reaction at all from Nuprime regarding this topic, so it looks like that Nuprime has given up on Mulit-Channel AV processors. I think I will move on to another vendor, which takes AV processors more serious.  :scratch: :(

witchdoctor

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2017, 09:22 pm »
As I already said, this is not a setup that works for me. I run a TV and Projector, for which I then would have to use two cables for each source. Also, not all sources do have multiple HDMI outs, so this setup does not work for me.

Anyway, there is no reaction at all from Nuprime regarding this topic, so it looks like that Nuprime has given up on Mulit-Channel AV processors. I think I will move on to another vendor, which takes AV processors more serious.  :scratch: :(

Wait until CES if you can, when the new 2018 models are announced the 2017 models will drop in price. Many of these new models have features which raise the price but may not be important to you. I scored my Marantz 7702 for half price once the 7703 was released. If you want 4K I would make sure any processor you get supports Dolby Vision and HDR10.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016/08/17/hdr10-vs-dolby-vision-new-tv-format-war/88914196/

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2017, 03:55 pm »
yes, Nuprime is not going to make another AVP, instead we are going to focus on stereo (including streaming).
HD-AVP is on clearance sale.

witchdoctor

« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2017, 06:22 pm »
yes, Nuprime is not going to make another AVP, instead we are going to focus on stereo (including streaming).
HD-AVP is on clearance sale.

Can you post a link to the on sale HD-AVP?

John Casler

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2017, 01:27 am »

Hi Alex,  Sorry I didn't see this thread.

As Jason said, the HD AVP will not be advanced.

It was a specialized product with a limited platform, and at the time of release it was already behind the technology for HT.  It was primarily for the 2 channel AUDIOPHILE, who wanted a "basic" capability to enjoy HT.  It was not to compete with, or keep up with HT processors.

That said, it was a bargain of getting you USB HD streaming/serving, FM Radio, and a DAC-10 DAC, and Volume Control. in a single box with a Multi-channel capability.

John Casler

« Reply #10 on: 15 Sep 2017, 01:31 am »
Can you post a link to the on sale HD-AVP?

The current price for the HD AVP is $1080.

Considering it has a DAC-10 in it, ($1495) and has other talents that makes it an exceptional bargain.

You can contact me, or your NuPRIME dealer for details.

rustydoglim

« Reply #11 on: 15 Sep 2017, 04:02 pm »
For anyone who bought HD-AVP at higher price, register on www.nuoem.com, then contact sales@nuprimeaudio.com when you are ready to purchase new products from Nuprime, I will give you a discount.

reillyzing

« Reply #12 on: 15 Sep 2017, 10:33 pm »
HD-AVP has the same preamp as DAC-10, as well?

rustydoglim

« Reply #13 on: 19 Sep 2017, 10:35 pm »
No, the preamp on HD-AVP is not the same as DAC-10.

rustydoglim

« Reply #14 on: 20 Sep 2017, 12:16 am »

witchdoctor

« Reply #15 on: 20 Sep 2017, 12:50 am »
For clearance sales purchase: https://nuoem.com/product-category/sales-promotion/clearance/

Looks good. For anyone concerned about HDMI 2.2 there are many work arounds for that so basically a non issue.