Warrantee and service questions

guest1231

« on: 29 Nov 2004, 01:12 pm »
I hope that it is okay to post this here, rather than writing to Bryston directly - I am hoping that the answers may also be of interest to others.

For some time my local Bryston dealer has had a BP-25 in which I have been interested, although I am having difficulty justifying the price (I am in Aussie).  Anyway, some time ago it was damaged, by a customer I believe, and the two switches on the right hand side were broken - I think that they were pushed in - and now they simply don't work.  I thought that the dealer was having it repaired but they don't appear to have done so.

Where would I stand with regards to warrantee (that's how we spell it) if I was to buy the BP-25?  Is it covered by warrantee, or would I just be buying a busted pre-amp?

Also, whilst I understand that Bryston's service is very good, and I presume that their repair work is as good as their original manufacturing, how much confidence can I have in whoever does repair work in Australia?

I don't really like the idea of buying a new item which has been repaired, but it is one of the few pre-amps available here which suits my needs and wants.

Thank you.

Best regards.
Brad

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2004, 05:42 pm »
Hi Brad,

The warranty runs from the date of manufacture so no problem there - the warranty follows the product not the purchaser.
Our distributor in Australia has been with use for many years and is very capable when it come to repairs.

james

guest1231

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2004, 07:12 am »
Thank you, Mr Tanner.

Brad

Yogus

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2004, 07:41 am »
Wordsmith

I thought with the AUD->USD exchange rate that the distributor had dropped the prices on pretty much all Bryston gear.

Certainly its making a BP25/3BSST purchase for me very attractive whereas a year ago it was simply too much. However, I'm waiting for a B100SST to arrive on our shores.

If you live in Sydney I know an extremely helpful Bryston dealer. PM me for more details.