Double DSD files don't show in JRiver 20

slefley

Double DSD files don't show in JRiver 20
« on: 11 May 2015, 11:47 pm »
I have several double DSD files on my hard drive but they don't show up in JRiver.  The single DSD files show up no problem.  Is there a setting I need to change?

Phil A

Re: Double DSD files don't show in JRiver 20
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2015, 12:15 am »
What DAC and drivers are you using?  They work fine with my Teac DAC.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2015, 12:15 am »
Are they dff files or dsf?

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2015, 12:19 am »
See post number 6 here -  http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/dff-dsf-conversion-jriver-21278/  which talks about the tagging.  I have some dff that eventually I'll convert.  You can go to the upper left - 'file' and 'open media file' to play dff easily.

slefley

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2015, 02:58 am »
Thanks for your replies.  They are DSF files (same as the single DSD files that I can see)  and I'm using a Lampizator L4 DAC with the DSD module. 

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2015, 03:14 am »
Thanks for your replies.  They are DSF files (same as the single DSD files that I can see)  and I'm using a Lampizator L4 DAC with the DSD module.

What are your setting on DSP and Output format?

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2015, 03:30 am »
On the audio setting my DSD output is set to 'bitstreaming' (for the Teac) and for the input and output audio sampling - http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup  there is no change on the input and output of any of the sampling rates.

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2015, 03:35 am »
The other thought is go to

'Tools'

Select Options

Select File Types

Select DSD Audio

Change File Association to Yes

srb

« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2015, 04:25 am »
File association only has to do with which program is used to play the file when it is executed outside of JRiver in a Computer or Windows Explorer window.

The files should show up in JRiver regardless if they have metadata or are configured to be properly processed or played.  The only filter for whether DSD files show is a checkbox for DSD Audio, which includes all DFF, DSF and SACD, regardless of bitrate - and you obviously have that enabled if you're seeing other DSF files.

If you're using Auto-Import, are the double DSD files in a separate folder from the other DSD files, and if so, is that a subfolder of an existing watched folder or a separate Auto-Import entry?  If it is a separate entry, is file type DSD Audio checked and is the Mode selected to Include rather than Exclude in the folder options?

Where are you viewing the files?  Are you looking in Audio > Files > Drive|Folder rather than the Album, Artist or Genre folders under Audio? 

Steve
« Last Edit: 12 May 2015, 09:29 am by srb »

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2015, 01:46 pm »

What do you mean by "same as the single DSD files that I can see"?  Are these truly DSF, and if so, are they tagged?  They might be in an unnamed bucket.  You can simply tag them in JRiver once you determine where they are (go to "files" view in JRiver and sort by filename (which includes location).  Scroll down to the folder you have them in, then tag them with something that will allow you to see them and find them later on.  If they are versions of albums you already own on some other format you can actually paste tags from the same album to them (assuming both are in the same track order).  All these tips are in my videos.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=121419.0

You can also simply go to files view and sort by date imported and find them that way (date imported is a standard header that is available if you right click on any of the headers).