What product types respond best to Uber power clean-up?

ACHiPo

Re: What product types respond best to Uber power clean-up?
« Reply #20 on: 3 Jan 2015, 03:05 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with OTLs like AtmaSpheres using an UberBuss?  I have Richard Greys that don't seem to do anything for my M60 power amps, although they seem to help the front end.  Just wondering if an UberBuss would help?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 3 Jan 2015, 03:20 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with OTLs like AtmaSpheres using an UberBuss?  I have Richard Greys that don't seem to do anything for my M60 power amps, although they seem to help the front end.  Just wondering if an UberBuss would help?
The Uber seems to working with everything.  However, my M-60's just didn't work for me no matter what I did with them.   :evil:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #22 on: 3 Jan 2015, 06:39 pm »

Definitely any transformer based gear will benefit from the "Cleansing Power of the Uber"... Dave - I think I just coined a "new trademark for you!!! LOL!  :lol:

My $0.02,
Pete
I always used "Power in this room has been scrubbed Uber clean", but I like yours mo' bettah!   :thumb:

ACHiPo

« Reply #23 on: 3 Jan 2015, 09:22 pm »
The Uber seems to working with everything.  However, my M-60's just didn't work for me no matter what I did with them.   :evil:
My M-60s work great for me.  Ralph Karsten suggested they respond to dedicated 20A power (check), good power cords, but did not recommend any conditioner other than something like this:

Elgar 1 kW line conditioner

Which needs to be remotely installed due to the cooling fan noise, and burns quite a bit of electricity even when not in use, so I'd want to rig up some sort of remote switch for it.  I'd prefer an easier solution that would work in-room like the UberBuss.

I can't tell a difference between with/without aftermarket cords or the RGPC Powerstations.  The good news it the amps sound sweet regardless of how they get their power. :green:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 3 Jan 2015, 09:26 pm »
My M-60s work great for me.  Ralph Karsten suggested they respond to dedicated 20A power (check), good power cords, but did not recommend any conditioner other than something like this:

Elgar 1 kW line conditioner

Which needs to be remotely installed due to the cooling fan noise, and burns quite a bit of electricity even when not in use, so I'd want to rig up some sort of remote switch for it.  I'd prefer an easier solution that would work in-room like the UberBuss.

I can't tell a difference between with/without aftermarket cords or the RGPC Powerstations.  The good news it the amps sound sweet regardless of how they get their power. :green:
Yes, those 6006B's are massive and noisy.  Must be installed remotely.  Not sure I'd go through the hassle.  If you're happy with how they sound why not just leave them alone or at least try an Uber. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #25 on: 5 Jan 2015, 04:02 pm »
    I use two Ubers off one decicated outlet to feed the amps [1] and the preamp,BSG QOL TT, and CDP the other. At the shows we use three. One for digital only is added.
   Recently we used a minibuss for the CDP into the Uber. In a nutshell now our way to go. Try it.

charles

Quiet Earth

« Reply #26 on: 6 Jan 2015, 11:15 pm »
So Charles, the conditioning of the Uber is in series, or in line then, right? If so, then I guess one for each component would be the ultimate solution. You would only need a single outlet on the back of each Uber or buss or whatever it is. If it were parallel conditioning you could just plug one (or two or three) of the devices into to an unused outlet and you wouldn't need any outlets on the actual Uber (or buss or whatever it is.)

Just trying to understand the best way to use all of this stuff. Hope that is OK.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #27 on: 7 Jan 2015, 03:00 am »
So Charles, the conditioning of the Uber is in series, or in line then, right? If so, then I guess one for each component would be the ultimate solution. You would only need a single outlet on the back of each Uber or buss or whatever it is. If it were parallel conditioning you could just plug one (or two or three) of the devices into to an unused outlet and you wouldn't need any outlets on the actual Uber (or buss or whatever it is.)

Just trying to understand the best way to use all of this stuff. Hope that is OK.
Conditioning in the BUSS Series is all parallel.  There are no series components, only connectors and wire.  This has been stated numerous times in the past.  The series resistance is <.003 ohm and inductance is <.003mH.  Using additional bUSSes gives better isolation due to loop differences in the individual runs as well as being able to fine tune the presentation by using different power cables on each of the reproductive regimens.

If someone wants an Uber for every piece of gear I will try to tell them it is unneeded, but bow to their desires.  The customer is... the customer.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: 7 Jan 2015, 03:07 am »
Now I'm wondering if I should daisy chain them instead.   :scratch:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #29 on: 7 Jan 2015, 03:22 am »
Now I'm wondering if I should daisy chain them instead.   :scratch:
Try it, but remember too much is not necessarily better.  The MiniBUSS is a high quality extension with HF suppression, no PFC.

Once again, every system is different.  We don't have the same: grid; equipment; cabling; tastes.  Trying every possible combination is the empiracle road to what works in THAT system.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #30 on: 7 Jan 2015, 03:23 am »
Try it, but remember too much is not necessarily better.  The MiniBUSS is a high quality extension with HF suppression, no PFC.

Once again, every system is different.  We don't have the same: grid; equipment; cabling; tastes.  Trying every possible combination is the empiracle road to what works in THAT system.
I don't have a Mini though.  Only Uber. 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #31 on: 7 Jan 2015, 03:38 am »
I don't have a Mini though.  Only Uber.
I know.  That info was for clarity of Rollo's post.

We can work on that for you  :lol:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 7 Jan 2015, 03:49 am »
Do I need one?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #33 on: 7 Jan 2015, 04:05 pm »
I know.  That info was for clarity of Rollo's post.

All I know is the system is more dynamic with a basically a non existent noise floor. One we decided to remove the Uber feding the digital source for kicks and giggles. To our surprise the sound was more open and less upfront in its presentation. All the analog gear was uber dubered. Separating the class "D" hybrid amps with its own Uber increased dynamics as well. Go figure. Why ? No clue however that is what we heard.
   We tried this with three systems in NYC. Same results. All systems had a single dedicated line for each Uber used. Them we tried the Mini for digital and were taken back as to the results. Then we plugged mini into another Uber and the jury was in. Very affective combo.
    All I'm saying is try it. We never tried daisey chaining. Please try taking the digital off the Uber first with all else connected to Uber. Then try digital with Mini, then Mimi plugged into Uber. Let us know.

charles