GIK Treatments

sl_1800

GIK Treatments
« on: 30 Aug 2016, 01:13 am »
I recently had GIK make suggestions for acoustic treatment of my room.  They recommended soffit traps in the front corners from floor to ceiling, 4 Q7D's for the first reflection points and 2 244's on the ceiling and a slight change in listening chair position and speaker position.  I just can't get over what an incredible change this has made in my system!!!  :bounce:

I have included a few pics of the new fixtures in the room.  There will more to come very soon, still have to work on my rear wall, what I have there now is home made.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: GIK Treatments
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2016, 01:21 am »
Welcome!

The room/speaker interaction is the most important component  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2016, 02:27 am »
I recently had GIK make suggestions for acoustic treatment of my room.  They recommended soffit traps in the front corners from floor to ceiling, 4 Q7D's for the first reflection points and 2 244's on the ceiling and a slight change in listening chair position and speaker position.  I just can't get over what an incredible change this has made in my system!!!  :bounce:

I have included a few pics of the new fixtures in the room.  There will more to come very soon, still have to work on my rear wall, what I have there now is home made.

Other than the 244s on the ceiling that is what was recommended to me, maybe because my ceiling is 10'? The room looks really good! Looks like you had Super 7s? I have Super Vs, so can you give more detail as to what you hear or don't hear now?

Thanks

sl_1800

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2016, 12:14 pm »
GregFisk

Yes I did have Super 7's and Super V's before that.  I sold my 7's 3 years ago and bought the Martin Logan Summit X's I have now.

As for what I hear now.  Its amazing to say the least, bass is much deeper and cleaner, mid and high details are so great its scary, and mostly SOUNDSTAGE, the soundstage is so much larger, depth and width, finally my speakers completely vanish and leave me with musicians performing in real space.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2016, 06:38 pm »
GregFisk

Yes I did have Super 7's and Super V's before that.  I sold my 7's 3 years ago and bought the Martin Logan Summit X's I have now.

As for what I hear now.  Its amazing to say the least, bass is much deeper and cleaner, mid and high details are so great its scary, and mostly SOUNDSTAGE, the soundstage is so much larger, depth and width, finally my speakers completely vanish and leave me with musicians performing in real space.

Wow! Sounds like they really made a difference. I suppose I should move my room treatment to first thing on my list. My sound stage is pretty big now so that is great to hear. I do notice a bit of smearing in the upper mids and highs when I turn up the music sometimes, I think that's from the sound bouncing around the room. Thanks for giving me that detail, it really helps and pretty much everything you mention is something that I could use improvement on.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2016, 06:41 pm »
Wow sweet looking room! Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback and pictures!

Glenn,
GIK Acoustics

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #6 on: 6 Dec 2016, 07:55 pm »
Yeah your install looks fantastic! Well done!