Just ordered a Super 3i Monitor For My Office System

reelvox

Hello Omega People!

I have been looking for HiEff speaker for my office for a while now and decided on the Omega
Super 3i in teak. I spoke to Louis on the phone yesterday and he took my order.

We need more people like Louis in the industry!!!!!!!

He could not have been more helpful and patient.

My office system now consists of a Rega Planar 2, a Schiit Mani phono stage, a Sonore microRendu streamer, a
Simaudio 280D DAC, a Schiit Saga preamp, and an Onkyo M500R power amp, driving Maggie MMGs.

I love the MMGs, and at $650 they are a ridiculous bargain. One catch..they need at least 100 wpc.

I have several low powered amps (less than 25 wpc) I would like to use in the system and the Omega's
will give me many more options.  The Maggie's are not going anywhere, they will be swapped in and out
at my leisure.

4-6 weeks and it will by Hannuka in the summer!  :icon_twisted:  :icon_lol:

reelvox

Re: Just ordered a Super 3i Monitor For My Office System
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jul 2017, 07:14 pm »
...forgot to mention I will using the Omega's with Sound Anchors stands (26") and a JL Audio Sub...

nature boy

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2017, 10:39 pm »
Congrats, they will sound great.

NB

reelvox

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2017, 10:47 pm »
Congrats, they will sound great.

NB

Thank you!

I am moving more and more in the direction of low power, hi-eff...but to a point..not really into flea watt amps..

I hope to move up the line eventually.  :icon_lol:

jMelvin

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jul 2017, 04:10 pm »
Congrats @reelvox. My Super 3i's were a 2016 Christmas present to self and I love them. I also have MMGs (among others) and have no interest in rotating any of them back into the system right now. Perhaps when I'm itchin' for a change I'll swap them out but they do so many things right I will be hard pressed to do so. I have a feeling you're going to enjoy your new speakers very much. Please let us know after you've had them a bit.

reelvox

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jul 2017, 04:33 pm »
Congrats @reelvox. My Super 3i's were a 2016 Christmas present to self and I love them. I also have MMGs (among others) and have no interest in rotating any of them back into the system right now. Perhaps when I'm itchin' for a change I'll swap them out but they do so many things right I will be hard pressed to do so. I have a feeling you're going to enjoy your new speakers very much. Please let us know after you've had them a bit.

Thank you @JMelvin!

I never get bored with listening to music because when I want a different presentation I can swap out an amp or speaker. The MMGs are light and easy to place in a closet or against a wall.

I have a brief history with single driver speakers and I have always enjoyed them.

Not to mention the satisfaction of giving an American small company the business.

reelvox

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2017, 11:45 pm »
Woo Hoo. Just got shipping confirmation...fun times ahead!

reelvox

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2017, 10:38 pm »
My speakers arrived two days ago in a beautiful teak finish.

I dug out my Sound Anchors stands and set them up in the office.

Initial impressions...super quick, seamless, with excellent micro detail...

They will require a bit more break in to loosen up...but these are a great value
and super fun to listen to....

It is a pleasure to support a small US manufacturer!

reelvox

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2017, 09:42 pm »
DEF enjoying these guys!!!  I noticed acoustic music was especially well served...

I am filling the room up with 20 wpc...