NuPrime IDA-16

mresseguie

Re: NuPrime IDA-16
« Reply #60 on: 2 Jun 2017, 08:36 pm »
 :rotflmao:

That would sound great, but then I'm leaving the 'all-in-one-box' design.

JackD

triumph

« Reply #62 on: 3 Jun 2017, 12:02 pm »
A dedicated addict.....er....enthusiast!

It works really well thanks to your IDA-8. It might work with an IDA-16.

Last year, my espresso maker/grinder took up a lot of room in the bed of my Tacoma, but they are in Taiwan now, so there's more room!

Bring that grinder back, and get the Feima grinder here in Taiwan.  It's just as good as the original they copied. 
:)

Samac

« Reply #63 on: 3 Jun 2017, 06:45 pm »
Ao good to hear you are enjoying your new purchase that much and rediscovering the pleasure of just listening to music.

The same has been my experience and it is just nice.....

thank you for your continuous updates.

damguz, you are so right, as you said I am "rediscovering the pleasure of just listening to music". I'm nearing two months of living with my IDA-16 and I continue to be completely satisfied with it. It has continued to get Better and better as the weeks go by.

I'm very glad to hear how much you enjoy your IDA-8. And again, you are right, the IDA-8 (and IDA-16) are beautiful pieces of hardware.

Cheers,

Scott

Samac

« Reply #64 on: 21 Aug 2017, 06:31 pm »
I wanted to post a very brief update. I've had the IDA-16 for nearly five months. It has been a pleasure to own and use. Something that doesn't get a lot of attention on integrateds and pre-amps is the volume control. The IDA-16s volume control is fantastic. The precise  control you have in adjusting volume is great. Once you experience that it's hard to go back to something less.

The sound coming from the IDA-16 is dynamic and balanced with very good tone. Whether listening to music or watching a movie I don't find myself analyzing the sound. Everything is there and I enjoy whatever is playing.

Anyway, a quick post for those interested. There's a lot of competition out the in the integrated amp game. With 200 powerful watts and a great DSD capable DAC For $2k; I believe the IDA-16 is hard to beat.

I'm one happy camper.

Cheers, 

Scott

Dadbeh

« Reply #65 on: 21 Aug 2017, 07:58 pm »
I wanted to post a very brief update. I've had the IDA-16 for nearly five months. It has been a pleasure to own and use. Something that doesn't get a lot of attention on integrateds and pre-amps is the volume control. The IDA-16s volume control is fantastic. The precise  control you have in adjusting volume is great. Once you experience that it's hard to go back to something less.

The sound coming from the IDA-16 is dynamic and balanced with very good tone. Whether listening to music or watching a movie I don't find myself analyzing the sound. Everything is there and I enjoy whatever is playing.

Anyway, a quick post for those interested. There's a lot of competition out the in the integrated amp game. With 200 powerful watts and a great DSD capable DAC For $2k; I believe the IDA-16 is hard to beat.

I'm one happy camper.

Cheers, 

Scott

That's awesome, good for you. I still have an ida8 and I like the sound and ida16 seems like the next logical upgrade.

I just wanna say that volume does not get enough attention as you said.  After how the amp actually sounds, volume is the single most important feature for me. Comes before any other feature. Many nice sounding and nicely priced tube apps suffer from cheap volume pots and that's a shame.

rustydoglim

« Reply #66 on: 15 Sep 2017, 04:38 pm »
That's awesome, good for you. I still have an ida8 and I like the sound and ida16 seems like the next logical upgrade.

I just wanna say that volume does not get enough attention as you said.  After how the amp actually sounds, volume is the single most important feature for me. Comes before any other feature. Many nice sounding and nicely priced tube apps suffer from cheap volume pots and that's a shame.

Exactly! We have an article (published under Guide section) that about this issue being the dominant factor for new generation of DAC design. DAC chips have become so good that there is no audible difference between ESS 9018, 9028 and 9038 for example.  We find 9038 too sterile and decided not to use it. 

srb

« Reply #67 on: 15 Sep 2017, 05:32 pm »
DAC chips have become so good that there is no audible difference between ESS 9018, 9028 and 9038 for example.  We find 9038 too sterile and decided not to use it.

If you find the 9038 too sterile sounding, then that would be an audible difference.  :scratch: