STA 9 Fuse Upgrade

Speedskater

• Kevin
Re: STA 9 Fuse Upgrade
« Reply #60 on: 29 Sep 2017, 12:10 pm »
I think you're the one causing me confusion in this case.............................
True, psaudio and electrical engineering don't mix very well.

Genez

« Reply #61 on: 29 Sep 2017, 02:54 pm »
True, psaudio and electrical engineering don't mix very well.

Unless you educate us sir?   What's your point?   You are not contributing anything but razzing from the sidelines...  I am not here to promote another brand of audio,  but you keep pushing in that direction.   I suggest you find some other thread to fill in with your very helpful tips to replace the pseudo helps.

Learn to be helpful.

traver02

« Reply #62 on: 29 Sep 2017, 11:18 pm »
Not interested in that.   I listen with an ST10.   Its the AC IEC input fuses that are easy to change and make a nice difference if your system allows for it to be heard.  That's all.   If I had an amp with a power output fuse I would concentrate on that.  I once had a vintage amp set up that way.  Its a shame that this issue was not understood at that time.
I own and ST10 as well.
did you  change the fuse? which one have you tested?
i replaced a lot of fuses in the past. i am not sure i have ever heard a difference ....
now i just invert the phase sometimes.....

Genez

« Reply #63 on: 30 Sep 2017, 01:40 am »
I own and ST10 as well.
did you  change the fuse? which one have you tested?
i replaced a lot of fuses in the past. i am not sure i have ever heard a difference ....
now i just invert the phase sometimes.....

I have tried several fuses.  Not all were expensive.  Each one caused a change in what I heard.  And, all sounded different according the direction they were placed in the holder.  One way does sound right. The other in comparison does not.

Bussman ceramic I believe cost me about 75 cents.  The next one up is the Schurter Audio fuse. I think that cost me only a few bucks.  I am presently using a Hi-Fi Supreme Tuning fuse.  Its lends itself to a fuller, yet detailed sound.  Again, if I were listening with different interconnects,  power cords,  etc... I am not sure how much of a difference I would be hearing.   The speakers I use (and some others I have had) allow me to hear plainly differences.  FWIW...

I believe not everyone has a system set up that will allow for differences to be easily heard.  I believe that is why some folks mock the idea.