A300 iis input?

cjunekim

A300 iis input?
« on: 4 Jun 2021, 07:39 am »
Hi

I recently purchased A300. It has a few inputs and one of them is iis hdmi. I'm not sure what it is. My TV has an hdmi ARC output. I connected a hdmi cable from that into A300's iis input. But no sound.

What was wrong? What should I do instead?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: A300 iis input?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2021, 04:20 pm »
Hi. I own an A-300, too.

Does your TV have an optical out? This is what I use to connect my TV to my amp. The connection that appears to be HDMI is incompatible with HDMI. I’ve never used this connection myself.

Michael

viggen

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2021, 08:57 pm »
that hdmi input is designed to work with this

https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/cdt-8-pro/?v=7516fd43adaa

cjunekim

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jun 2021, 04:43 am »
Hi. I own an A-300, too.

Does your TV have an optical out? This is what I use to connect my TV to my amp. The connection that appears to be HDMI is incompatible with HDMI. I’ve never used this connection myself.

Michael

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I am already using the optical connection for my CD player. Analogue RCA connection was an alternative but it is inferior compared to digital connections, so I was looking for a way to use the HDMI connection.

cjunekim

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jun 2021, 04:44 am »
that hdmi input is designed to work with this

https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/cdt-8-pro/?v=7516fd43adaa

Okay. So the HDMI input is using a numprime custom protocol and isn't supposed to work any other products from other companies?

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2021, 08:01 pm »
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I am already using the optical connection for my CD player. Analogue RCA connection was an alternative but it is inferior compared to digital connections, so I was looking for a way to use the HDMI connection.
You can upgrade to Nuprime CDT-8 Pro which has the I2S output on HDMI port, then the optical port can be used for TV

Okay. So the HDMI input is using a numprime custom protocol and isn't supposed to work any other products from other companies?
Quite a few manufacturers have implemented I2S on HDMI. But this is not an industry standard, so if a vendor introduces extra feature on the control pins, then there could be compatibility problem.

We use pin14 to indicate if the format is DSD.