NuPrime HPA-8 Pure class A headphone amp with 4 outputs !!!

rustydoglim

NuPrime HPA-8 Pure Class A Headphone Amplifier $499
  • Four headphones outputs simultaneously (2 x balanced, 1 x 3.5mm and 1 x 6.2mm)
  • Two analog line-in and one Phono
  • High gain for headphone impedance > 150 ohm
  • Low gain for headphone impedance < 150 ohm
  • Class A headphone amp max output > 10W (powerful enough to drive high efficiency speakers!)

This headphone amp is designed to be the ultimate amp that you will ever need.  It is based on DAC-10H headphone amp, which TAS's review stated that it is as good as an expensive standalone headphone amp.  That's absolutely true.
Take a look at DAC-10H product page spec of the headphone amp power and gain selections.  No other amp come close to its sophistication.

Now we are making it as a standalone unit with similar chassis as IDA-8 and it can be used with any other portable players or DACs.
The up coming DAC-8 ($599, release in October) will also work perfectly with HPA-8.
For those of you who plan to use IDA-8 with HPA-8, you need to special order IDA-8 with 1X gain on the line out.  The standard IDA-8 line out has 3X gain designed for subwoofer.  3X gain is still usable with HPA-8 but you will need to turn the volume down.

HPA-8 is scheduled for September release.

John Casler

Re: NuPrime HPA-8 Pure class A headphone amp with 4 outputs !!!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jul 2015, 08:39 pm »
US Preorders will begin 30 days before release, through participating dealers.

I am also working on a "Bundle/Package" OFFER which would include headphones (or High End Power Cord) and the HPA-8.

One set of Phones will be the new "NIGHT HAWK" from AudioQuest ($599)  the other I cannot post due to their dealer regulations, but they are Planars.

Contact me, or your dealer to see what is available.

franz159

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2015, 07:44 pm »
Intriguing!
A few questions:
- will it have Worldwide AC voltage as other Nuprime devices?
- should I try to drive a pair of high sensitivity speaker (eg Omega), could I do that from one  of the balanced outputs? which kind of cable should I need?
- will there be some special pre-order price, I read this happened with the IDA-8?

Thanks
Franz

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2015, 06:07 pm »
Sure it will support worldwide AC.  This one might have a AC switch at the back.
We are making some changes that there will be no XLR outputs. Instead there will be 2 x 6.2mm and 1 x 3.5mm headphone outputs on the front.
There is an RCA line out with fix volume at the back.
I don't suggest using it to drive high efficiency speaker.  You should buy IDA-8.

Or wait a few months for the dedicated bridgeable Amp-8 (250W mono, 100Wx2 stereo) derived from IDA-8.  Jaw dropping killer price at $549.

franz159

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2015, 05:27 am »
Thank you for the clarification.
I will look more into IDA-8.