Nuforce Reference 20

john925

Re: Nuforce Reference 20
« Reply #40 on: 6 Nov 2014, 06:15 am »
Just a sample of John's photos.

Thanks for helping me post the photos. I'll upload some video clip of how Ref 20 sounds.

john925

gammajo

« Reply #42 on: 1 Jan 2015, 08:11 am »
John925 - Happy New Year! How are you feeling about your Ref 20's now? I am still enjoying mine and they have been 100% reliable. Are we the only two on AC with the 20's?

John Casler

« Reply #43 on: 1 Jan 2015, 09:44 am »
Just sent a pair to Las Vegas, but the owner is not too computer savy and not on Audio Circle. :scratch:

But he loves his REF-20s with his QUAD Speakers.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2015, 04:34 pm by John Casler »

john925

« Reply #44 on: 1 Jan 2015, 02:31 pm »
John925 - Happy New Year! How are you feeling about your Ref 20's now? I am still enjoying mine and they have been 100% reliable. Are we the only two on AC with the 20's?

Hi Joe,

Guess what I got for my audiophile 2015?

Sonically, Ref20 is up to my full satisfaction but I still need the factory to fix some tiny issue for me. I'm confident that Ref20 will continue to quench my desire of changing from gears to gears.

Happy 2015 Joe and all the NuPrime/NuForce owners.

gammajo

« Reply #45 on: 1 Jan 2015, 03:05 pm »
John - Sweet! Bet the new gear is fabulous! Glad to hear the Ref20's are handling the amp - nervosa. I have my eye on auditioning the new Von Schweikert VR55 speakers this year. Would have to audition because I don't see how they could be better than my VR5 Anniv MK2's, but open mind, right?.

gammajo

« Reply #46 on: 1 Jan 2015, 03:07 pm »
John C I get to Vegas about 6 times a year - may have to go by and hear the Ref 20's in his system, if he is willing.

John Casler

« Reply #47 on: 1 Jan 2015, 05:43 pm »
John C I get to Vegas about 6 times a year - may have to go by and hear the Ref 20's in his system, if he is willing.

I will pass along your interest when I speak with him next.   :thumb:

gammajo

« Reply #48 on: 1 Jan 2015, 06:19 pm »
Thanks John, I appreciate it.

john925

« Reply #49 on: 2 Jan 2015, 10:10 am »
John - Sweet! Bet the new gear is fabulous! Glad to hear the Ref20's are handling the amp - nervosa. I have my eye on auditioning the new Von Schweikert VR55 speakers this year. Would have to audition because I don't see how they could be better than my VR5 Anniv MK2's, but open mind, right?.

hi Joe,

thanks. The most important part is that exD audio made a usb-ST converter that I can use this ddc to play native DSD to emm labs dac6e se, which has only ST optical supporting DSD.  And with my dedicated CAT, it is really producing amazing sound. 

gammajo

« Reply #50 on: 2 Jan 2015, 02:21 pm »
John
There are few things more satisfying than getting amazing sound - enjoy!

DigitalDomain

« Reply #51 on: 23 Jan 2015, 03:52 am »
I’m the owner of modern sounds, a new on-line audio store dedicated to the computer audiophile and leading edge audio technologies. We recently launched our web store on December 12, 2014.

We currently have two installations using the Reference 20 amplifiers. Our clients are using statement speakers on a pure digital system with really remarkable results. The Reference 20 has no flaws of any kind, that any of us can detect. None of us can remember ever listing to an audio component where we didn't have a comment to make about the sound. It has been days now and not one client has come forth with anything at all. They just sound utterly realistic in the reproduction of music, regardless of type. That is truly remarkable given that these particular audiophiles have been listening for decades. They have all had analog and tube based audio systems in the past and have recently switched to something new and higher performing for less money.

All enjoy pure digital, high-resolution audio systems employing statement grade speakers. One client is using a truly spectacular pair of Tannoy Churchill speakers and the results are so impressive that members of his own audio groups are starting to enquire about purchasing a pair of Reference 20 amplifiers for themselves. They are replacing Cary tube amplifiers, Wyetech Labs tube amplifiers and other reference tube amplifiers costing significantly more. They all marvel at the sound quality coming from something that is not based in tube technology - something that until recently, they believed was necessary to achieve the absolute sound. Without exception they prefer the NuForce class D amplifiers and some are on record stating that once you have heard the Reference 20, the tube amplifiers they were using, simply sound broken by comparison. In reality, the tone of the tubes interfered with the sound of the music they were trying to enjoy. Guitar players use tubes for tone. Why do audiophiles use tubes? It can't be for the tone because that would interfere with the music would it not? Only in the absence of tubes and only by comparing the sound to these amplifiers would you know what you have been missing all along.

The modern sounds reference system uses the NuForce Reference 20 amplifiers to power a pair of Sound Lab A-1PX electrostatic loudspeakers. These amplifiers recently replaced reference edition OTL tube amplification costing over five and a half times more. They sound far superior with greater frequency extension, absolutely zero noise and the most realistic reproduction of the musical event that I have ever encountered. The Sound Lab electronics are currently at Sound Lab for an upgrade but I will certainly look forward to their return when I can truly enjoy the music reproduced by them as powered by the Reference 20 amplifiers.

The system DAC is a Weiss DAC-1 Mk3 FW and I am now very curious about the sound of the DAC-10 from NuPrime Audio. One client is currently using the DAC-10 as the front end to his Reference 20 based system and the preliminary results are quite promising. It's a well designed and well built, solid unit and as an architect, I find the industrial design of all of these components to be simple, sleek and modern in appearance.

For more information on the NuForce Reference 20 and other NuPrime Audio products please visit our web site at - http://www.modernsounds.com/collections/nuforce/products/nuforce-reference-20

John Casler

« Reply #52 on: 7 Mar 2015, 12:06 am »

Hi Joe,

Finally got a chance to talk with him (His name is Irv) and I told him what you said.

He is willing, and will be calling you in the next couple days. :thumb:

gammajo

« Reply #53 on: 7 Mar 2015, 01:39 am »
Thanks John. I will wait his call. I did pull the trigger on a new pair of Von Schweikert VR55's which should be built in about  a month. While auditioning them I had a chance to listen to the Constellation amps - very nice, but think the Ref 20's hold their own against them in quietness, bass dynamics, articulation and natural detail and the Ref 20a are possibly be more liquid and fleshed out in the mids.