IeGO Entry level Power Cable L70530 now shipping!!! Check first post for info.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
Did I miss it somewhere or have you yet to show us the cross section of the new cable like you did for the L70530  cable in the first post?

Thanks

I don't have the cross-section of the cable yet, but it is almost like the original L70530, except now over 3/4 of the strands now shows a nice silver luster.  Some are from plating, some are from large does of silver in the alloy and some are pure silver strands.

Thanks

kbuzz3

i just received my two copper PCs. Nice packaging and timely shipping. I am doing  break in on a cpu. Ive already notice about 25 percent increase in processing speed and "great color saturation"  :lol:

Just joking....i try and give yall some comments v. the vh audio im running with my dac....

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
kbuzz, how long did it take you to get your cables?

mjosef

I'm not he, but...
« Reply #63 on: 12 Apr 2008, 05:14 am »
Mines came in 3-4 days...very fast. And I am on the East Coast.

mikef

Hey Martin,

Which IeGOs did you buy, the copper or silver? And how do you like them?

Mike Fox

marvda1

hey, start posting some reviews :drool:

mjosef

Both...liked them enough to buy more... :thumb:

Zyca

• Industry Participant
The new L80229 power cable will be available for shipping on the 25th of April, here's some info on the cable for anyone interested in the details of this rather nice cable.

Compared to the original L70530, L80229 sonically is a much improved cable, generally more solid sounding and more "emotionally" involving and warmer sounding than the L70530 that comes before it.  It very simply makes music even more alive than before.

L80229's gauge will be slightly heavier (appox 12AWG), however the main difference is the inclusion of pure silver strands as well as alloyed strands now contain vastly increased silver content (more strands now have silver alloyed, and at a much higher percentage), and all alloy containing copper will also get 1% instead of 0.1% gold alloyed.  As usual, copper are all sourced from Furukawa then process into shape or alloyed.

However, to err of the safe side, please do not run more than 15Amp through the cable. ;)  (not that you'd find a lot of equipment that drains more than 15A anyways. ;) )

Since this is a much upgraded cable compared to the original L70530 series, we thus change the cable that we will stock accordingly.  Instead of the more affordable 8055 (Pure copper) or 8065 (pure copper + silver plating), we will stock it with:

8075 (pure copper + Rhodium plating)
8085 (pure copper + gold plating)
8095 (pure silver + Rhodium plating)

The difference between them:
L80229+8075 = more solid lower end, more focused sound.
L80229+8085 = mellower mid/vocal range, easy listening without losing any details.  (IMHO best value pick)
L80229+8095 = pretty much the best of both above and improved too. (IMHO best performance pick, comes at a cost tho..)

Pricing:

1.5M with Rhodium plated 8075BU $220
1.5M with Gold plated 8085BU $190
1.5M with Rhodium plated, 99.99% pure silver pin 8095BU $340

The housing of the plug is now transparent blue, to better identify this cable from the L70530 due to both cable have the same color.

We will still offer the cable with 8055/8065 connectors with either clear, transparent blue or black housing, but it will be on a by-order basis (which means it takes about 7 days before we can ship it).  As we feel that L80229 is better paired with 8075/8085/8095 that will have both components compliment each other.

For those who are interested in either using L70530 with a higher grade connector or L80229 with a lower grade connector (gasp!), here's the up/downgrade price difference:

From 8055 and upgrade to: (UPGRADE price, not the price of the actual connector)
8065 + USD $30  (Furukawa copper, Silver plated with super thick 240um plating)
8075 + USD $70  (Furukawa copper, Rhodium plated 2um)
8085 + USD $40  (Furukawa copper, Gold plated 12 um)
8095 + USD $190 (Solid 99.99% silver with Rhodium plating)

Rhodium plating being so thing is due to two reasons, one is that it does not need a lot of thickness to provide protection.  The other is simply of cost, just check the current trading price for Rhodium and you will likely to be as shock as I was when I first saw that. ouch, Gold is relatively cheap in comparison :P.

Thanks

PS: I know you guys and gals want to see some photos, I'll see about getting some soon, including that cut-out photo. ;)
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2008, 04:23 pm by Zyca »

hotbird

It's mentioned here

http://www.toneaudioblog.com/TONEBlog/www.toneaudioblog.com/Entries/2008/3/24_Power_Cord_Surprise_from_Japan.html

Iego should be a Taiwanese company like Neotech.
There's no need to be ashamed if you aren't a made-in Japan company, 'cos there are really good things coming out of Taiwan.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2008, 12:26 am by hotbird »

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Well, I'm never ashamed of the cable being made in Taiwan, but I guess tone audio might have mistaken some of the infos.  :oops:
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2008, 05:40 pm by Zyca »

marvda1

it seems a lot of people are buying the power cables but no one's sharing their thoughts.
ok everyone, what are you hearing?  what are you comparing the iego to?
don't be shy!!

Zyca

• Industry Participant
IEC inlet (R301 series) is finally in stock, please check:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=53868.0
for more info.

;)

marvda1

anyone selling their L70530 - 8055/8065 to upgrade to the new L80229 cables? aa

kbuzz3

i bought two of the older copper versions last month...i cant even keep track of the updates...i dont have enough hours on them for any type of review...

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Here's some updated photo to replace the ugly stuff that I shot previously... :)

L70539+8055CT, note the beautiful copper tone on... what else?  8055's pins made with furukawa copper.  The pins are acid bathed to resist oxidation.

L70530+8065CT, note the silver plated to such a thickness that it fills up the sand blast finish and the surface becomes extremely smooth.  240um plating thickness ought to do that. ;)

Enjoy, I'll tidy up the first post with the new photos shortly.