New to the Circle

openbaffled

New to the Circle
« on: 21 Feb 2018, 05:14 pm »
Hi All,

I've been playing with DIY audio for more than 35 years, but I must be slow because I haven't learned as much as I should have.   I started building speakers in 1980 when the forum of the day was Speaker Builder magazine.  Very interesting days when guys like D'Appolito and Linkwitz would debate concepts in the letters at the back. 

Although I built a servo subwoofer with my own feedback circuits back in the early 2000's, I have been late to learning electronics and feel that is my weakest area.  But, using other peoples designs, I have built a phono pre, chip amps, even hybrid valve/Class A amps, but I couldn't design my own to save my life.  I have spent time over on diyAudio, but I started getting interested in open baffle speaker designs and this seems like the place to be.  As I have read further, I have lots more to learn here in the Circle.  I look forward to meeting you, electronically of course.

Jac

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New to the Circle
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2018, 08:17 pm »
Welcome aboard Jac :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2018, 12:31 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Jac   :thumb: 

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2018, 01:09 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Jac.