A Great Deal on builiding the Selah TRT model!

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
A Great Deal on builiding the Selah TRT model!
« on: 12 Jan 2012, 08:04 pm »
For those of you who might be interested in building the TRT speaker kit for not much $$$, please keep reading....

I built the TRT's and recently had Rick send me some Raal tweeters to try in place of the ScanSpeak tweeters.  I have decided to keep the Raals.  Becuase of this, I no longer need the SS tweeters or the associated crossovers that Rick designed for these tweeters.  I talked with Rick regarding pricing out a TRT kit with my Scanspeak tweets along with these crossovers.

The ScanSpeak tweeters are the D3400/6600 model and retail for $425 for a set.  I am looking to get $200 which would drive the TRT kit price down from $1,595 to $1,370.  In addition, you will also save on the upper crossovers driving the kit price even further down.  If you are interested, you need to contact Rick at Selah to get a complete pricing as he will determine the further discount to the TRT kit by utilizing my crossovers.

You have the choice of building your own cabinets as I did here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=71964.0

or by buying the MD38T cabinets from Madisound.

By the way...the cost for Rick to build the TRT model is excerpted from the above link:

So what are the spec's of the TRT, how do they measure and how much do the built ones cost? Mr. Craig has not updated the Selah site yet.
Thanks...

$2,600-$3,500/pr. depending on the cabinets you choose. Feel free to email for the specifications.

For those of you "sitting on the fence" regarding one of Rick's kits, hopefully this deal will get you to make a decision.  :wink:

I will be posting this deal on both Parts Express and DIYAudio in the near future but wanted to give my AC brethren first chance at the chance of building a VERY nice speaker for not alot of cash. :thumb:

You can post on this thread or PM me with any questions you might have.

Regards,

Randy

kip_

Re: A Great Deal on builiding the Selah TRT model!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2012, 08:33 pm »
You could also build the "california monitor" which is essentially a SSR with the AirCirc tweeter. Nice deal  :thumb:

rklein

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2012, 08:41 pm »
You could also build the "california monitor" which is essentially a SSR with the AirCirc tweeter. Nice deal 

Thanks for this suggestion Kip.

I am not sure if one could utilize my existing crossovers for this model but it might be that Rick could do a couple of modifications to my crossovers for this application.  In any case, those kinds of questions are best left up to Rick to answer.

Regards,

Randy

rklein

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2012, 02:18 pm »
OK guys.... I have gotten a couple of inquiries and I thought it would be a good idea to clarify how the pricing would work. :D

The TRT kit price is $1,595.  Take off $425 for the SS tweeters bringing the price down to $1,170.  Now add back in $200 for my tweeters bringing the price back up to $1,370.  You then need to give Rick a call to see how much further the kit price will be discounted by utilizing my upper crossovers.  He will then let me know how much I should charge for the crossovers.

You will eventually end up paying me the $200(tweeters) and $____ (upper crossovers) and paying Rick the rest.  My intention was not to make anyone's brain hurt figuring this deal out. :lol:

If you want to talk to me about this just PM me and I will reply with a contact number so we can actually talk instead of getting Carpal Tunnel typing...

Regards,

Randy

rklein

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2012, 11:57 pm »
I have received questions regarding whether the crossovers that Rick designed were his delux or standard.

The crossovers in my TRT speakers are Rick's delux crossovers which includes Clarity Caps.  :thumb:

Regards,

Randy

ricardojoa

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2012, 09:28 pm »
I have received questions regarding whether the crossovers that Rick designed were his delux or standard.

The crossovers in my TRT speakers are Rick's delux crossovers which includes Clarity Caps.  :thumb:

Regards,

Randy

Randy, since you are selling the old parts, i guess you have already finished your conversion? Any comments?
Thanks.