Salk Sound Delivery Times

salksubs

Salk Sound Delivery Times
« on: 27 Dec 2017, 08:16 pm »
Hello.

I was wondering how long of a lead time is there for delivery of Salk speakers?

Thanks.

Paret

• Keller, TX
Re: Salk Sound Delivery Times
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2017, 11:05 pm »
I would give them 6-7 months.

I ordered my Song 3-A’s May 5, 2017 and got them in December.

I was in no rush and they are worth the wait.

In any case talk to Jim and he can give you the latest based on what you want.

:thumb:

:beer:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Brettio

« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2017, 11:47 pm »
You may also get a better idea of lead times if you reference the model/finishes that you’re interested in.

Hydro

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2017, 12:24 am »
Luis's Song3-A's are outstanding, both sonically and visually. I can't believe that is a standard finish. 

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2017, 02:06 am »
Luis's Song3-A's are outstanding, both sonically and visually. I can't believe that is a standard finish.

Thank you.

They sound better everyday.

:beer:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Roninaudio

• I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2017, 06:17 pm »
Just FYI- When I was looking, I found 3 pair used from what sounded like good reputable Salk customers.....A couple of Song's and a 3-A I believe...Just an option if you are like me and waiting months is next to water torture..... (lol)

billmcc

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2017, 10:59 pm »
It might also depend on the veneer/finish requested as to the delivery time. I've bought several used pairs of Salk speakers (1801-TLs and HT2-TLs) and they were both in excellent condition. Buying used expedites the wait time and saves some money. But you lose the ability to chose veneer/finish options and any other special order preferences.

Rocket

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jan 2018, 03:06 am »
Hello,

Since 2008 I've bought Salk Sound HT2'S, Salk Rhythmic Subwoofer and my currently main speaker are a pair of HT3's.  From the time of payment its taken about 3 months to build and ship them to me in Australia.

Very well made and great sounding speakers.

Cheers Rod

TJHUB

« Reply #8 on: 3 Jan 2018, 04:35 am »
I’d call Jim Salk.  He’s the nicest guy ever. 

oem-wheels

« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2018, 01:25 am »
Short of a few questions, I want of get the Song 3A but 7 months ? If anyone cancels their order, let me know..

JDoyle

« Reply #10 on: 26 Feb 2018, 03:12 am »
My Song 3 Encores (my review coming soon) took 4 months, I ordered mid Sept and they delivered mid Jan. Of course the holidays occurred during the build too. They’re definitely worth the wait  :thumb:

JD

ErichGS

« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2018, 07:10 am »
I ordered SoundScape 8s and a SoundScape 7c in January and Jim indicated 3-4 months was likely.  Have no issues with the wait either.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2018, 03:31 pm »
You guys are way more patient than I am. I salute you. :rock:

scoop

« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 2018, 04:13 pm »
I ordered early October and am showing as 29% complete! Hopefully it won't be too much longer...

Brian D

« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2018, 06:52 pm »
I ordered my Song3's Aug 23 and they are at 64% currently.  The thing to remember is that these are custom speakers, finished to your specifications and built by craftsmen.  If you are naturally impatient or need speakers in a hurry, it may be best to find other options.  I bought an inexpensive pair of bookshelf speakers to tide me over and have no problem with the wait.  I know they will be worth it.

oem-wheels

« Reply #15 on: 27 Feb 2018, 03:05 am »
Scoop -- 5 months and 1/3 done..  Brian 6 months, 2/3 done..  I guess I move on

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #16 on: 27 Feb 2018, 04:39 pm »
Scoop -- 5 months and 1/3 done..  Brian 6 months, 2/3 done..  I guess I move on

To each their own. Some are ok with the wait, some aren't. I'm ok with it. I'm waiting on a pair of standard Song3's. I ordered in November and I'm about a 1/3 finished. I won't lie, I was hoping to have them by now but a few things make the wait more tolerable. First, I like my current system so I can still enjoy the speakers I have while I wait. Second, I've owned Salks before and I know the tremendous value they represent. I'd have to spend thousands more to get something comparable. Third, I'm ordering mine because I'm celebrating working for the same company for 20 years and I know my pair is being built for me with a finish and options I selected. As a matter of fact, these Salks will be the only speakers or component I've purchased that are brand new. The other Salks I owned were purchased from the original owner, as all of my speakers and components have been. So, I'm excited to get something new even though the best values are from buying used. Fourth, I plan on keeping these a long time, so with that and the other factors in mind the wait isn't that bad. Now, if you want or need something now then Salks won't be for you unless you find a used pair which is possible.

DFpritchard

« Reply #17 on: 3 May 2018, 08:08 pm »
Ordered Song3s end of January.  Been stuck on veneering for two months; still showing 23% complete.  Took advice of Brian D and bought a pair of AA monitors from Dennis Murphy at Philharmonic.  Arrived yesterday, can't stop listening.  These very affordable (@ $210, a STEAL) monitors paired with Emotiva ERC-3 as transport and Parasound Halo integrated/DAC are so musical: open, airy and good staging.  Decent volume in mid-size room.  Ron Woods slide guitar on Around the Plynth (Faces, Stay With Me anthology) walks around the room like vintage Bose 901s.  Kartik Seshadri sitar on Raga Anandi, Illuminations, is so soulful.  Live Dead/St. Stephen/The Eleven comes to life.  All this for $210?  Thank you Dennis Murphy.  Sorry I waited 3 months. Waiting for the Song3s just got a whole lot less painful.