« Last Edit: 1 Feb 2015, 07:43 pm by WireNut »

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Re: What is your latest acquisition?
« Reply #1301 on: 17 Jan 2015, 02:13 am »
Hi all,
"....time fly so fast, look like it was yesterday when I posted the above."
Guy 13 on planet Vietnam.

Oh so true Guy 13 - will there be another nice box of presents on the way for you again this year?  :thumb:

But it really makes you wonder as to where all the time has gone and you cannot help but think about all of your past, and future milestones. Let's see, first you are born but it is really a none starter as you do not remember the event. Perhaps the next milestone is when mom drops you off at school to begin kindergarden and discovering the world outside for the first time.

Next comes middle school and then on to high school. Your first date, a part time job, drivers license and a junker sitting in the driveway with a new 8 track tape player shortly follows. Graduation occurs and off to post secondary education or a full time job. Marriage, kids and a house are next, you re-live your early years as you watch the kids grow up. The kids get married and you start to feel a little older, you finish a career, retire and then realize you are bored and go back to start a second career and wait to retire all over again. You lose friends and family along this journey and finally develop an understanding that there is no meaning to life or why we are here, life is simply life.

I guess the next milestone is when this gentleman pays you a visit and unlike birth, you are going to experience this one in all of its beauty - C'est la vie  :lol:

Be well...

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #1302 on: 17 Jan 2015, 06:47 pm »
Latest acquisition?

A BCD - 1.............. Way to go...... :thumb: :thumb:

Guy 13

« Reply #1303 on: 17 Jan 2015, 11:05 pm »
Oh so true Guy 13 - will there be another nice box of presents on the way for you again this year?  :thumb:

But it really makes you wonder as to where all the time has gone and you cannot help but think about all of your past, and future milestones. Let's see, first you are born but it is really a none starter as you do not remember the event. Perhaps the next milestone is when mom drops you off at school to begin kindergarden and discovering the world outside for the first time.

Next comes middle school and then on to high school. Your first date, a part time job, drivers license and a junker sitting in the driveway with a new 8 track tape player shortly follows. Graduation occurs and off to post secondary education or a full time job. Marriage, kids and a house are next, you re-live your early years as you watch the kids grow up. The kids get married and you start to feel a little older, you finish a career, retire and then realize you are bored and go back to start a second career and wait to retire all over again. You lose friends and family along this journey and finally develop an understanding that there is no meaning to life or why we are here, life is simply life.

I guess the next milestone is when this gentleman pays you a visit and unlike birth, you are going to experience this one in all of its beauty - C'est la vie  :lol:

Be well...

Hi Laundrew,
I don't think there will be another nice box of present for a while,
because I am going back to my civilized country Canada
this coming April.
What you mention above is exactly what I went threw
from my birth up to now.
Despite all my mistakes, I am still proud of what I did.
Thanks for your comments that I know were not aimed at only me,
but to all the AC members.

Guy 13 on planet Vietnam,
but for not much longer.

ozzy

« Reply #1304 on: 17 Jan 2015, 11:36 pm »
Tascam DA-3000 Recorder. This baby records PCM up to 24/192 and Double DSD.
Can record from analog and digital sources.

PRELUDE

« Reply #1305 on: 18 Jan 2015, 01:00 am »

Be well...

life is sacred. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_tr_k59O6s

Laundrew

brooklyn

« Reply #1307 on: 18 Jan 2015, 05:55 am »
Great video Laundrew, I’m still laughing…. :lol:

Laundrew

« Reply #1308 on: 18 Jan 2015, 03:55 pm »
Great video Laundrew, I’m still laughing…. :lol:

Although I would enjoy taking the credit, I must acquiesce to PRELUDE for posting this most entertaining video  :thumb:

Be well...

Samurai7595

« Reply #1309 on: 19 Jan 2015, 11:56 am »
I purchased a KAB SpeedStrobe during the Christmas break:

Sea-Bee

• Being a cool cat. Tubes all of the way!!
« Reply #1310 on: 31 Jan 2015, 02:38 pm »

Be well...

RAD!! :D   I love this picture!!! :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:  OUTA' SIGHT!! :thumb: :thumb:

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #1311 on: 31 Jan 2015, 06:10 pm »
Hi alexone and all Audio Circle members.
Are all those stacked boxes in your avatar give away for poor audiophiles,
because I am officially a poor audiophile.

Guy 13

hi, Guy!

these empty boxes had to stay a while in my living room cause we bought a house and so we moved. nice enough to take a picture of them (and i guess one or two are missing...). and they belong to the two Bryston setups that i have at home, btw.

al.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2015, 09:07 pm by alexone »

plastico

« Reply #1312 on: 1 Feb 2015, 05:28 pm »
My Denon DL-S1 just got back from Soundsmith with a top retip! It's fantastic!
Cheers, Doug

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #1313 on: 2 Feb 2015, 07:13 pm »
A third 3B.

mv038856

« Reply #1314 on: 3 Feb 2015, 07:35 pm »
A third 3B.

Cool, the 3B Model right under the 0.4B or 0.5B pre was my first Bryston amplifier. I always get warm feelings when I see one of those... ;)

Cheers!

Markus

Norton

« Reply #1315 on: 3 Feb 2015, 08:42 pm »
A pair of Klipsch Cornwall IIIs - currently rediscovering my music collection from a low frequency POV....as are the neighbours (joke)

predrag

« Reply #1316 on: 15 Feb 2015, 08:01 am »
These babies are here since last night.
Traded in my pair of 3 years old EB1i.
I`m in heaven!

Samurai7595

« Reply #1317 on: 15 Feb 2015, 03:00 pm »
Tomorrow, I will be receiving my Rega RP10 turntable + Rega Apheta 2 moving-coil cartridge package along with the Rega Aria MM/MC phono stage.   :thumb:

Rega RP10 + Rega Apheta 2 + Rega RP10 Power Supply

Rega Aria MM/MC Phono

predrag

« Reply #1318 on: 15 Feb 2015, 04:09 pm »
Congratulations Samurai!
I had Rega P9/Apheta and was very hapy with it!
RP10/Apheta2 is surely my next TT.
A true no-nonsense TT. Basically it`s plug&play.
The old Apheta was a great partner of Bryston`s 1.5 phono stege.
Hope the new cartridge will perform the same.
Looking forward to read your comments.

rob80b

« Reply #1319 on: 15 Feb 2015, 04:15 pm »
Not a RP10 but I'm enjoying the sonic improvements affronted with Gus's Tangospinner Rega upgrades from Argentina for my P25.  :D

http://tangospinner.com/web/home