new Khartagos right at home!

tripwr1964

new Khartagos right at home!
« on: 5 Jan 2015, 11:22 pm »

Thanks Klaus, really liking the new Khartago's!!! 
They match up real nice with my system and gallo speakers.
Only day four of break-in and sounding wonderful.  Can't wait for another month to pass.
The true test, for me, was the intro to DireStraits Money for Nothing..... unfreakin real!!!  Never had an amp punch it out like that before.  gee

GentleBender

Re: new Khartagos right at home!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2015, 08:34 pm »
Nice setup Tripwire. Did you go Extreme with them? I am waiting on a Cyclops and Tempest combo and the wait is killing me. I bet they are breaking in nicely. Congratulations! :thumb:

tripwr1964

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2015, 04:08 am »
Nice setup Tripwire. Did you go Extreme with them? I am waiting on a Cyclops and Tempest combo and the wait is killing me. I bet they are breaking in nicely. Congratulations! :thumb:

breakin is coming along nicely.
they are the se+ on black boards w/ ps upgrade, ref cables, and wbt connectors.
very pleased so far!

GentleBender

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2015, 03:21 pm »
Since I am still waiting, I have to live through your new setup. Any changes in sound since last time? What speakers do you have paired with them?

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2015, 03:46 pm »
Looks great Tripwire.

I am waiting on 4 fully decked out Kismet's in Khatargo cases right now.

GentleBender

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2015, 03:58 pm »
That is a lot of power! What are you driving with those? The wait for my Cyclops and Tempest is killing me since I am a very impatient person. I won't let myself call Klaus and make him stop working just to find out how much longer, I must use restraint... :nono:

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2015, 04:06 pm »
All Von Schweikert speakers

Vr4jr's in the front.
Visiun Center Channel
Ts-150's in the rear.
2 Shockwave V-10 Subs

And it is going to ROCK...

I also just bought the Bryston SP3,the Audio by E SilenZio, all new cables and a SurgeX from Dave at Zenwave.

GentleBender

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2015, 04:32 pm »
Oh my, That is an understatement! :o Have you had those speakers for a while or get them used? What kind of music do you tend to play? I'm guessing rock mostly.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2015, 04:34 pm »
All Von Schweikert speakers

Vr4jr's in the front.
Visiun Center Channel
Ts-150's in the rear.
2 Shockwave V-10 Subs

And it is going to ROCK...

I also just bought the Bryston SP3,the Audio by E SilenZio with a 6TB NAS, all new cables and a SurgeX from Dave at Zenwave.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2015, 04:43 pm »
Oh my, That is an understatement! :o Have you had those speakers for a while or get them used? What kind of music do you tend to play? I'm guessing rock mostly.

I have had the VR4's and the TS-150's for a long time.  They are up at Von Schweikert right now being upgraded to the latest and greatest.  The V-10's and the Visiun are brand new, they will be coming back with the other stuff. 

Most of the music I play is live recordings.  Phish being my favorite by far.  Then my wife throws in some of her stuff from time to time.  I am really looking to upgrade all the recordings as well.  I am tired of listening to MP3 quality stuff. 

This is going to be a year of upgrades for me.  I am going to lay off the cars and watches for the year and spend some money on systems at the house.  I think I even got my wife ok with letting me turn our guest house, roughly 20 x 20 room, into a Home Theater/Listening Room. 

GentleBender

« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2015, 04:54 pm »
Most of that stuff is priced out of my range at the moment. I have a small 12X13 room I have dedicated to music and video gaming. The small room limits the type of speakers and placement so I have been looking at Salk Songtowers and thinking about ordering them upgraded with the ribbon tweeters and adding a sealed sub later. My wife approved of the Cyclops and Tempest, but I am already looking at replacing the turntable and drooling at speakers. It may take a bit to convince her that I need these thing... :roll: I listen to mostly vinyl. A lot of Pearl Jam, Tool, Ween plus Beastie Boys and LCD Soundsystem and also looking to go digital. All started when I got a turntable, I never even knew of this slippery slope called hifi.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2015, 05:03 pm »
Awesome,  I am sure you will be blown away. 

Most of this stuff is out of my price range too, but apparently I fell all the way down the slippery slope.  I have enjoyed every minute of it though. 

It all started when I joined this forum and another one.  So much knowledge and so many cool products.

Good Luck

GentleBender

« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2015, 08:17 pm »
After looking up your Vr4jr's, I found a pair of VR 4 mkiii HSE for about $2500 near me. In your opinion, would that be too much speaker for a 12X13 room with no treatments? I would be able to keep them about 3ft from the sides and 2.5 from the front, but my listening position would be about 6ft away. Just a thought...

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #13 on: 31 Jan 2015, 08:40 pm »
Here is a great article on those.

http://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/von_schweikert_vr4_geniii_hse.htm

Also, Leif at Von Schweikert is a really cool guy to speak to.  He is always happy to enlighten us to the possibilities with VS speakers.  However, be careful and remember how slippery that slope is.

GentleBender

« Reply #14 on: 31 Jan 2015, 08:59 pm »
Before I knew of the slippery slope, I called Klaus up to talk about solutions and that banana peel started my slide. I will not call Klaus or Leif out of fear of falling off the cliff. The article you posted is what made me so excited about the speakers, but his room is much bigger than mine 21’ x 18’ x 8.5’ compared to my 12' x 13' x 9'. Seems they won't have the space they would need or deserve, but maybe I only say that to protect my wallet. Do you think yours would be too much for my space?

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #15 on: 31 Jan 2015, 09:13 pm »
I think they are amazing speakers that will grow with you for a long time.  I do not know about the size.  I do know that I would not hesitate to call Leif and ask him though.

GentleBender

« Reply #16 on: 31 Jan 2015, 09:16 pm »
Thats fair. Too scared to call Leif... :wink: