SOLD: Almarro A318b SET Amplifier - Excellent!

MarkR7

SOLD: Almarro A318b SET Amplifier - Excellent!
« on: 26 Aug 2016, 12:45 am »
** SOLD: Special Almarro A318b SET Integrated Amplifier**

SOLD!!

I will probably regret the sale, but I am offering up my 4 year old Almarro SET amp to a good audio home. I am going “green” for a while, and will try my luck with a more efficient and cool running Class D amp (much of my listening these days consists of listening to music while multi-tasking, so it’s a shame to be burning up good tubes).

As you can see from the pics, the amp is in excellent cosmetic condition.  It works perfectly. I NEVER had a problem with bias; it’s super stable.

With it’s 18wpc, it’s a higher powered, beefy SET amp that has bass and dynamic power behind it’s liquid smooth and seductive sound. Read the reviews! It is also very inexpensive to re-tube, especially when comparing it to other SET amps with uber-expensive tubes.

So what makes my Almarro better than any others out there?
===========================================
- Jupiter Copper Foil capacitors replaced the stock coupling caps (over $350 invested to upgrade the amp)
- Tube cage included (to keep kids and pets safe from the hot 6C33C-B tubes) ($150 option)
- Two pairs of the 6C33C-B power tubes will be included, of which one pair is the preferred Svetlana Winged-Cs from the 70s. I usually ran the tubes conservatively (.170) vs. the recommended .180 to .190 (for full power and dynamics).
- A Bias setting wiring harness for your multi-meter will be included; very handy and simple to bias the amp, though you won’t need to do it often.
- For the price of shipping a third, separate box, I will provide my homemade maple platform with an integrated multi-speed cooling fan with power adapter (a $60 option).  I ALWAYS used the platform and fan under the amp which kept the electronics cool. We all know that heat is the enemy of electronics.  You don’t have to worry about that here! I found a very quiet fan (on the lower speed) that won’t detract from your listening sessions. Even the higher speed is pretty quiet.

What you will get:
================
-   The amp with upgraded caps, the original caps, original box (will be double boxed), manual, power cord, tube cage, two pairs of power tubes, and only the original input and driver tubes (I did not like them, and I am a habitual tube roller, so I can recommend tubes for you).
-   Shipment will consist of two boxes, or local pickup is fine too.
-   As mentioned above, if you want the platform and fan, you can have it for the actual shipping price.

Buyer agrees to cover any shipping and Paypal fees.  Shipping ONLY to a Paypal verified address. Local Pickup would be great, IL 60062!

Specs:
========
- A318B single-ended triode integrated amplifier
- Class of operation: class A, fixed feedback, plate follower
- Tube complement: 2x6C33C, 1x6SL7, 1x6SN7
- Connections: 3 RCA inputs, 4/8-ohm outputs
- Output power: 18wpc
- Power consumption: 260w
- Dimensions: 14" W x 7.2" H x 13.2" D
- Weight: 43 lb

Review Links:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue24/almarro_318B.htm
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/almarro5/318.html

« Last Edit: 1 Sep 2016, 04:52 pm by MarkR7 »

MarkR7

Re: SOLD: Almarro A318b SET Amplifier - Excellent!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2016, 04:52 pm »
Sold....