Time for the sale of all sales. The deal of all deals!

Danny Richie

Re: Time for the sale of all sales. The deal of all deals!
« Reply #80 on: 23 Jul 2011, 02:37 pm »
are the quantities for those center channels current?

Yes

fschris

« Reply #81 on: 25 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm »
unfortunately i checked these out  and the open baffle on top will not work as i need something that i can hold my plasma

xperiment2

« Reply #82 on: 19 Oct 2011, 04:59 pm »
Do you have any x-voce's left for sale?  Thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #83 on: 19 Oct 2011, 05:46 pm »
Do you have any x-voce's left for sale?  Thanks

Yes, a lot of them are left. Look at the first post in this thread. I update quantities left in Red.

StereoNut

« Reply #84 on: 19 Oct 2011, 06:36 pm »
Danny - PM sent. - Thanks!  :)

HeadphoneAddict

« Reply #85 on: 20 Feb 2012, 09:55 pm »
When I get my tax refund I'll have to get one of the X-Voce as center channel, to match my X-Statik.

Any chance anyone has grills for the X-Statik for sale?

Danny Richie

« Reply #86 on: 20 Feb 2012, 10:28 pm »
Quite a few guys removed their grills on their X-Statiks. So it shouldn't be hard to find someone that is interested in selling them for a good price.

Welcome to AC. 

mrrame

« Reply #87 on: 24 Mar 2012, 01:02 pm »
Danny, any chance for a pair of x-statics and x-voice in same color ?
thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #88 on: 24 Mar 2012, 01:50 pm »
Danny, any chance for a pair of x-statics and x-voice in same color ?
thanks

All X-Statik's are gone. I can get you an X-Omni and we can get someone to build you some matching X-Statik cabinets. I have plenty of X-Statik kits.

mrrame

« Reply #89 on: 24 Mar 2012, 02:08 pm »
Thanks Danny. I can buy the kits. Do you know any builder in Northern VA ?

my zip is 20181

bfs21

« Reply #90 on: 25 Mar 2012, 10:36 pm »
Trying to see if I can squeeze an X-Omni into a New York apartment. Not an easy task...   

I can get it two feet from any wall, but not three, as seems to be heavily recommended.

Anyone have any insight as to whether performance would be acceptable at 2 feet?   

Danny Richie

« Reply #91 on: 26 Mar 2012, 01:15 am »
Trying to see if I can squeeze an X-Omni into a New York apartment. Not an easy task...   

I can get it two feet from any wall, but not three, as seems to be heavily recommended.

Anyone have any insight as to whether performance would be acceptable at 2 feet?

What you really want is for the wall reflections to be delayed from the front wave so that they are perceived by the ear as a reflection. If the time difference between the two is too short then the ear perceives it as a time smear of the original signal.

And welcome to AC.

pureiso

« Reply #92 on: 26 Mar 2012, 03:16 am »
What you really want is for the wall reflections to be delayed from the front wave so that they are perceived by the ear as a reflection. If the time difference between the two is too short then the ear perceives it as a time smear of the original signal.

And welcome to AC.

Would you put the X-LS Encore ahead of the Omnis as far as sound quality goes?  I am second guessing the order I put in on Friday after looking at these.

Danny Richie

« Reply #93 on: 26 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm »
Would you put the X-LS Encore ahead of the Omnis as far as sound quality goes?  I am second guessing the order I put in on Friday after looking at these.

They use the same drivers and have the same "sound". But with proper placement the X-Omni's will sound more transparent, less boxed, and have a bigger and more layered sound stage.

pureiso

« Reply #94 on: 26 Mar 2012, 02:40 pm »
They use the same drivers and have the same "sound". But with proper placement the X-Omni's will sound more transparent, less boxed, and have a bigger and more layered sound stage.

Well you sold me on them.  :)

Now for placement, is it three feet from the top area of the speaker or the entire enclosure? I have a 30" counter/bar that I am using to hold my tv and store my a/v components, so I will not be able to get it 3' from that but it will be 18" away from it.  This will likely affect the port however it will be cutoff at 80hz.  Will this work for them?

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #95 on: 26 Mar 2012, 10:04 pm »

And welcome to AC.

I'm not sure what this means in practical terms,  are you just saying they have to be three feet from the wall or that we can do something else so that they sound like they are three feet from the wall?  If so what is the something else?

pureiso

« Reply #96 on: 26 Mar 2012, 10:18 pm »
I'm not sure what this means in practical terms,  are you just saying they have to be three feet from the wall or that we can do something else so that they sound like they are three feet from the wall?  If so what is the something else?

Basically he is saying that it is not optimal to be less than three feet, of course many people live with sub optimal rooms so you should be fine.  One thing you could do to help is putting some bass traps or acoustic panels near, but I will let him fill in if this would be acceptable...

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #97 on: 26 Mar 2012, 10:53 pm »
I believe what Danny is referring to is the HAAS effect.

Here is a good explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haas_effect

Reflections arriving from 1-5mS after the direct tend to confuse the image.   Using 5mS, equates to a 3 foot distance from the wall for a two way travel time of that amount.  After that it adds to the spaciousness of the sound.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #98 on: 27 Mar 2012, 12:08 am »
Thanks!  A couple questions.  Is the distance from the wall necessary because of the rear port, or the woofer on top? Do treatments behind the speaker help?

Also can  the port be on the front or on the side?  Can it be built sealed?

Ok, that is more than a couple :green:...

Danny Richie

« Reply #99 on: 27 Mar 2012, 01:37 am »
HAL answered the question perfectly. If you can get to a 6ms delay then you are home free.

Treatments will help soften the reflections.

At 3 feet or more out into the room the port direction will change things very little.

And the X-Omni is best off ported. 
« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2012, 08:24 pm by Danny Richie »