COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #240 on: 29 Oct 2017, 12:52 am »
I have to agree that Penn State is very good.  Although, if you don't look at the score and look at the stats, they got their ass whipped. However, the final score is all that matters.  (I would not call Michigan a good team) I think that with the exception of Alabama, the remainder of the top 10-12 teams is up for grabs. 

Emil

« Reply #241 on: 29 Oct 2017, 01:00 pm »
I have to agree that Penn State is very good.  Although, if you don't look at the score and look at the stats, they got their ass whipped. However, the final score is all that matters.  (I would not call Michigan a good team) I think that with the exception of Alabama, the remainder of the top 10-12 teams is up for grabs.

Indeed they did. I was expecting more from our defense. They couldnt touch JT last night. He had all the time in the world to throw.

Offense line? Pathetic. Havent improved much since Franklin got there.To be fair, that unit was the most affected due to NCAA sanctions. In fact, Franklin had to take 2 defensive lineman and make them offensive lineman when he came to PSU. Imagine if Barkley had line he could run through?
The read pass option they always run? Makes me sick. How many times does that get blown up in the backfield for loss of yardage. Last year Barkley would eventually break one out for a big gain. This year teams are focused on him like a laser. Even with all this, they can put points on the board. They are a big play team.

Coaching? Late in the 4th they were within the 10 yard line and a touchdown would have sealed the game. What do they do? Play it safe. Gave it to Barkley 3 times for little or no gain and went for the field goal.

I was expecting a loss against OSU yesterday. What hurts the most is that yesterday they gave me hope.......and choked :bawl:

Home field advantage is HUGE in college football IMHO. More so than in the NFL

Go Blue! :lol:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #242 on: 29 Oct 2017, 05:01 pm »
I agree Emil, that offensive line was...offensive.  They didn't look like they could block the St Mary's Junior Varsity girls field hockey team.  They could neither block pass rushers nor open holes in the running game.  And I agree with the coaching, you have to take a shot at the end zone there, it would have won the game if you score a touchdown, and invite defeat if you kick a field goal.  That being said, it was the players that couldn't bring a rush on the blitz or cover receivers anywhere on the field.  Penn State came up small when they had the game handed to them.

Mudslide

« Reply #243 on: 29 Oct 2017, 07:43 pm »
Man, I don't know who to cheer for, anymore.  Every team looks like a bunch from Sisters Of Mercy U. from time to time.  And then there are my Ducks who, without their starting qb, look like they couldn't beat said S.O.M.U. team.  What a lost season for us left coasters.   :thumbdown:

Can I get a paternal "Aw, it's okay, Mud."?   :sad:

Mudslide

« Reply #244 on: 29 Oct 2017, 07:52 pm »
Well, I found my own relief, lol.  This comment on the silly season from CBS Sports today....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-sec-could-see-as-many-as-half-its-teams-hire-new-coaches-this-silly-season/

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #245 on: 30 Oct 2017, 03:05 pm »
Man, I don't know who to cheer for, anymore.  Every team looks like a bunch from Sisters Of Mercy U. from time to time.  And then there are my Ducks who, without their starting qb, look like they couldn't beat said S.O.M.U. team.  What a lost season for us left coasters.   :thumbdown:

Can I get a paternal "Aw, it's okay, Mud."?   :sad:

Aw, it's okay Mud!

stlrman

« Reply #246 on: 4 Nov 2017, 11:02 pm »
Ohio State getting destroyed by unranked Iowa!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Mudslide

« Reply #247 on: 4 Nov 2017, 11:30 pm »

Aw, it's okay Mud!

Thanks, buddy!   :D

Mudslide

« Reply #248 on: 4 Nov 2017, 11:30 pm »
Ohio State getting destroyed by unranked Iowa!!! :thumb: :thumb:

I really DIG this outcome!   :thumb:  (I still haven't forgiven them for taking the Ducks out of the Natty.)

stlrman

« Reply #249 on: 4 Nov 2017, 11:54 pm »
Penn State went down in OT too.

Emil

« Reply #250 on: 5 Nov 2017, 12:59 pm »
Penn State went down in OT too.

WE ARE.....not as good a team we thought we were
WE ARE.....not a contender for the playoffs
WE ARE.....not repeating as BIG 10 Champs
We ARE......no longer in talks regarding the Heisman
WE ARE.....disappointed :bawl:

WE ARE....still proud of the team in what they have accomplished and how they were able to overcome the effects of sanctions in such a short period of time.

College football. Doncha just love it?

Emil

« Reply #251 on: 5 Nov 2017, 01:11 pm »
I really DIG this outcome!   :thumb:  (I still haven't forgiven them for taking the Ducks out of the Natty.)

If you believe in conspiracy theories, these bad calls kept to out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvD1rJJF5GE

stlrman

« Reply #252 on: 5 Nov 2017, 09:25 pm »
It must be some consolation that Ohio had their asses handed to them .

Mudslide

« Reply #253 on: 6 Nov 2017, 12:30 am »
If you believe in conspiracy theories, these bad calls kept to out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvD1rJJF5GE

Emil, that's good stuff.

Mudslide

« Reply #254 on: 12 Nov 2017, 10:16 pm »
Good news for the Ducks.  We had a bye week!   :lol:

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #255 on: 24 Nov 2017, 09:13 pm »
Holy smokes Batman, Miami lost to Pitt in a convincing beating statistically.  If all the other top 5 teams win out, it looks like it will be Alabama, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Clemson for the playoffs.

Emil

« Reply #256 on: 24 Nov 2017, 09:52 pm »
Holy smokes Batman, Miami lost to Pitt in a convincingly beating statistically.  If all the other top 5 teams win out, it looks like it will be Alabama, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Clemson for the playoffs.

Pitt beat Clemson last year. Go figure

stlrman

« Reply #257 on: 25 Nov 2017, 12:35 am »
Hail to Pitt!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Emil

« Reply #258 on: 25 Nov 2017, 12:49 pm »
"The Game" today!
Michigan vs tOSU.
With a loss today by UM, Harbaugh will go 1 and 5 against arch rivals Michigan State and Ohio State during his tenure. Not good

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #259 on: 25 Nov 2017, 03:15 pm »
"The game" today is Auburn/Alabama.  I love the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry, but the game hasn't been competitive for years now.  Regardless, I do hope you enjoy the game, it has a great tradition, but the game today won't compare to the Iron Bowl matchup.