New Year, New Look, New Sound!!!

AlTran

New Year, New Look, New Sound!!!
« on: 3 Jan 2018, 06:42 pm »
Happy New Year to all Odyssey Audio owners out there! During the short holidays, my 2 friends had put in some real hard labor & time to build me something specials. 2 bass Diffuser & 3 Skyline diffusers. The last piece will be hung up in the center this weekend. I'm just too excited with the results for the New Year, New Look & New Sound... Klaus said "GORGEOUS!" Thanks to the guys who had put in the great work. I'm sure many of you may ask how is the sound with these skyline diffusers, & I would say "just listen & be your own judge". For those of you Odyssey gears owner, you should already know how great sounding Klaus built them.

Brettio

Re: New Year, New Look, New Sound!!!
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2018, 06:51 pm »
Beautiful set up which I'm sure sounds amazing!

Dumb question,  what are those objects on top of your liquids?

Brett

AlTran

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2018, 06:56 pm »
Brett, in my dictionary, there is no such thing as dumb or stupid questions, you ask a question, you find an answer & you learn. Those objects called "Micropoints Heavy hats" you may find them at Mapleshade Records. I have both heavy & light hats on top of all my gears & also those brass feet on bottom of most of the gears. Those feet also set underneath the speakers.

Brettio

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2018, 07:03 pm »
I have a lot to learn.  Thank you for taking the time to educate me, I'm going to look them up. 
Brett

AlTran

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2018, 07:38 pm »
Brett, you are very welcome. I don't consider it as educated. I love to share what I copied from others. I copied & I put it into practice.

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2018, 08:43 pm »
Looks great!

Roninaudio

• I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
« Reply #6 on: 3 Jan 2018, 08:52 pm »
Looks very nice!  I am a big fan of a clean look and your set up has that...  No idea what a "heavy hat" is or does but carry on !  (lol)

AlTran

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jan 2018, 05:44 pm »
More help from a best friend to hang this center piece up last night.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jan 2018, 06:18 pm »
This is stunning looking and I imagine stunning sounding to boot!  :thumb:

How were the 2 bass diffusors constructed? I don't recall seeing diffusors such as these before.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jan 2018, 06:23 pm »
Wow, everything is looking great. How would you describe the difference when you added the diffusion?

Seems lately Klaus likes to use diffusion panels right next to the speakers at first reflection points at the various audio shows. Have you thought about trying this?

sunnydaze

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jan 2018, 06:31 pm »
..  No idea what a "heavy hat" is or does but carry on !  (lol)

It empties your wallet and provides no sonic benefit.     :lol:

AlTran

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jan 2018, 07:02 pm »
sunnydaze, you are exactly right. adding more accessories is just a waste of time & $$$. Knowing Klaus over the years is a terrible decision I had made. He's the one who made me spend all this time & $$$ into my system. I keep balming on Klaus for building these great gears that made me spend & spend more & more...

mresseguie, you may Google for Skyline acoustic diffuser where you will find more info.

Tomy2tone, yes, I do have the diffuser set on the side front of each speakers which also sit on a bass trap all from GIK. I also have a GIK Monster Bass trap set behind my sweet spot chair. If you look at the first pic I sent which has a black line on the bottom as I caught the pic with partial of the Monster Bass trap.

As far as sonic differences, I'm not able to describe as we all have our own way of enjoy the music. You need to listen to them with & without them to tell the differences. Everyone has his/her own taste & preferences. I just like how they look in my garage.

germay0653

« Reply #12 on: 9 Jan 2018, 04:27 pm »
AITran, those garage door rails just look awesome...just kidding!!  :icon_lol:  That's quite the setup you have from Klaus...I'm envious.

AlTran

« Reply #13 on: 9 Jan 2018, 05:54 pm »
Germay, I must say the garage door rails there was so helpful that makes the garage door sings along when I play music... hahaha... one guy who came in my garage & said this "damn poor you, you don't even have a dedicated room to enjoy music." My answer to him was "Klaus from Odyssey keeps offering gears at garage sales prices which I can't refuse so I keep on taking them in."

Delta77

« Reply #14 on: 10 Jan 2018, 10:39 pm »
Hi Altran,

I have a stratos ++ and candella and love them..Hooked up to my TEKTON speakers..
But i've been looking at DECWARE products as well now..

I see a Decware ZEN Torii3 amp in your previous system,
Can i get your impressions on the DECWARE stuff..

AlTran

« Reply #15 on: 11 Jan 2018, 12:07 am »
Delta77, I don't know when or how did you see me with a Decware gear exist in my system. I only own highend low cost gear offered from Klaus... lol... seriously I have heard from a friend who mentioned about Decware but never once have I listened to one of those. Would I consider trying a Decware??? definitely 100% sure will & only if it is FREE. You don't try you don't know is my mentality. I don't mean to put down other brands, many great products out there but for now I'm stuck with all these Odyssey gears in my garage. Let me list what I have now in my current system: Odyssey Liquids, Candela, Suspiro SE Kismet, Stratos Kismet, Symphonic Line Belcanto MK III, & VPI Prime Signature with VanDenHul Colibri cartridge, all Groneberg Quattro & TS Premium cables, all mapleshade brass footers & weight hats, some GIK products & behind the system is 5 dedicated lines fed into the system. As far as I know Decware is making LOW power tube gears, I had in the past from 3/4 watt amp all the way to 160 watt per ch amps, single ended & pp all good & great gears but not the best. At this time I got hit by STORMS from Mr. Klaus Bunge, who offered me & many of you the "best bargain" in audio.

Brettio

« Reply #16 on: 11 Jan 2018, 12:37 am »
Al,

I don’t know if Klaus has ever put the Odyssey name on apparel, but if he does you deserve one in each style.  Klaus could have no better ambassador! Not only for Odyssey but the audio industry in general. 

Brett

Delta77

« Reply #17 on: 11 Jan 2018, 01:30 am »
Altran,
Thanks for post ..
owning Odyssey gear has opened my eyes  to Higher End audio , and only now can understand just how Magnificent of a System you have there.. VERY Nice indeed..

I purchased some ZMF headphones and ended up ordering a Decware HP amp..
Just trying to get real feedback, from people in the know...

(Trying to talk others in my every day life about High End Audio is like I’m speaking Greek)

AlTran

« Reply #18 on: 11 Jan 2018, 05:13 am »
Brett, do you have any idea how long is the wait to print t-shirt? If you and anyone else who migh be interested in getting a t-shirt with odyssey logo, let’s get the counts together.

Delta77, thanks for the kind word.

germay0653

« Reply #19 on: 11 Jan 2018, 02:31 pm »
Speaking of Greek, the T-shirt should have a picture of the ancient Greeks sitting around, listening to the Sirens (Klaus' equipment) with the words "Odyssey Audio, the singing of Sirens".  Are you sure your not Greek, AITran, as Klaus sure has lured you into listening to his Sirens!!  :icon_lol: