the VSA circle is deader than disco..

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
the VSA circle is deader than disco..
« on: 25 Sep 2014, 08:53 pm »
..come on VSA owners surely you've got something to share or rant about  :scratch:

JackD201

Re: the VSA circle is deader than disco..
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2014, 11:35 pm »
I'm saving my energy for the 66. Good thing they proved on ESPN's Sports Science that abstinence does NOT improve performance!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

roscoeiii

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2014, 11:45 pm »
Will report back after RMAF.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2014, 02:06 am »
I'm saving my energy for the 66. Good thing they proved on ESPN's Sports Science that abstinence does NOT improve performance!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't worried about my performance in decades  :duh:

Rclark

« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2014, 02:39 am »
I hope not. Von Schwiekert's are on my list for next system in 2015 along with Tekton Pendragon and a few others, Vapor, etc.

gammajo

« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2014, 02:32 am »
Agreed, with VSA victories at shows and in TAS, seems quiet to me too. I have been busy writing and then getting ready for a new book launch in two weeks. My audio time has been mostly used listening and enjoying the h out of my current VR5 system.

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2014, 09:06 am »
Currently investigating one of the best but probably even the best solution to improve the performance of my VS VR10-MKII's even futher :D
This requires however some time and money (so please have some patience) :thumb:.

Best regards,

Jan

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2014, 10:21 pm »
Hello Audio Fans:

I've spoken to twenty or thirty audiophiles in the past two weeks who are just getting back from vacation, putting kids into college, and generally recovering from a busy summer.  No slow down in sales, especially big ticket sales!

Chatter will be back to normal after RMAF, where we're going to have a big surprise.....

As Always, Happy Listening!

AVS

walterslw

« Reply #8 on: 30 Sep 2014, 10:46 pm »
Been busy tweeking my system to get the most out of my new VR5 ANNIE  (the last ones to leave VSA).  Also recovering from pneumonia and a heart infection that hospitalized me. Sadly, this will be the first year in some time that I will not be able to attend RMAF.  It lands on Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, and this year is my turn to host Thanksgiving dinner.   Good luck at RMAF, hopefully other VSA fans who attend will snap some photos for those of us who can't attend.

gammajo

« Reply #9 on: 30 Sep 2014, 11:46 pm »
Walter - sorry to hear about the health challenges - hopefully the 5's will provide some comfort

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 1 Oct 2014, 03:16 pm »
My sentiments as well Walter.  I won't be attending due to an inability to do the airline thing...chronic lower back pain.  Heads up to anyone that does attend...please do some very critical listening to Albert's new VR55s...the active model.  If you are a VR5 Annie owner all the better...some comparisons are in order.  My wife and I will be attending AXPONA this Spring as it's a 4 hour drive for us.  Happy listening gentlemen...and ladies  :thumb:

Delacroix

« Reply #11 on: 2 Oct 2014, 03:12 am »
I'll attend -- hope they play some disco

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 2 Oct 2014, 02:08 pm »
..and OMG and let's hope for a mirrored ball or two  :thumb:

roscoeiii

« Reply #13 on: 2 Oct 2014, 09:12 pm »
My sentiments as well Walter.  I won't be attending due to an inability to do the airline thing...chronic lower back pain.  Heads up to anyone that does attend...please do some very critical listening to Albert's new VR55s...the active model.  If you are a VR5 Annie owner all the better...some comparisons are in order.  My wife and I will be attending AXPONA this Spring as it's a 4 hour drive for us.  Happy listening gentlemen...and ladies  :thumb:

Here is hoping VSA exhibits at AXPONA this year. They were missed last year after their big debut at the first Chicago AXPONA.

But regardless, see you there. I am a Chicago local.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 2 Oct 2014, 10:50 pm »
Albert told me VSA would attend..