A great deal on big line sources.

Danny Richie

A great deal on big line sources.
« on: 11 Nov 2017, 09:44 pm »
This guy bought a bunch of cabinets from Epiphany Audio old stock.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/ele/d/audiophile-keeper-speaker/6368900567.html

Here is what I quoted him for the parts needed to build them out:

According to an exchange I had with Tang Band I can get a run of the woofers made with a 50 to 55 day lead time. I have to pay for them half down and the second half before they ship. After shipping, customs and duty I can sell you the woofers for $39 each. $1,560 per pair.

And I'll drop the price of the tweeters to $69 each. $2,898. per pair. I stock them and you can see them here: http://gr-research.com/grneo3.aspx

$300 for the crossover parts and plus $160 to add Platinum by-pass caps to the tweeter circuit. The Platinum caps were an additional upgrade.

A set of tube connectors is $59, and wiring is $75.

You'll also need 10 sheets of No Rez for each cabinet. They are $39 each.

The 2" flared ports are $6.00 each.

Everything is in stock except for the woofers. They have to be custom made and there are no other woofers that can be used.

If a group of you guys want to build these out then it is worth it for me to order the woofers. I also have a pair of the cabinets here and I have one other guy that owns a pair of cabinets that really wants to build them out. But I need to at least have a home for half of the 500 minimum order for the woofers or it won't be worth me having them made.

And these originally sold for $27,900 a pair.

srclose

Re: A great deal on big line sources.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2017, 10:52 pm »
That is a killer deal.  I have always regretted selling the Epiphany line source.

Stephen

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2017, 10:54 pm »
These are the best loudspeakers I have ever heard.  If I had space for them I'd snap them up in a second.

nickd

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2017, 04:29 am »
Best highs of any loudspeaker I have had in my listening room. Listening to Reference Recordings Coral recordings was mind blowing. Only time I ever heard distinct voices spread across the stage to that extent. Just crazy real. Even bested the mighty LS9 in upper treble resolution.

Wish I had the room, spare funds and time to build a pair out. Really sweet opportunity for a select few.  :thumb:

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2017, 04:45 am »
I live in Spokane, if you are afraid of assembly.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2017, 12:58 pm »
Best highs of any loudspeaker I have had in my listening room. Listening to Reference Recordings Coral recordings was mind blowing. Only time I ever heard distinct voices spread across the stage to that extent. Just crazy real. Even bested the mighty LS9 in upper treble resolution.

Wish I had the room, spare funds and time to build a pair out. Really sweet opportunity for a select few.  :thumb:
How did they compare to the LS9 with respect to bass?

Will2

« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2017, 02:02 pm »
What room dimensions are necessary for these to be effective?  My room has ceilings which are only about 8'10" high and is 26'x16'.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2017, 03:05 pm »
I have the LS9's.  They would work great in that room.  I'm sure the Epiphany's would work as well.

gab

« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2017, 03:16 pm »
Danny - how many cabinets does the Spokane guy have? He indicates he only has 4 and is keeping a pair.

gab

SoCalWJS

« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2017, 03:57 pm »
Danny - how many cabinets does the Spokane guy have? He indicates he only has 4 and is keeping a pair.

gab
And it's not clear how much he wants for them either.

Danny, if I read your post correctly, you might have a pair for sale as well. How much would they be and what is the finish?

orientalexpress

« Reply #10 on: 12 Nov 2017, 05:09 pm »
If I start over,this is the speakers to get,I would fly down there ,and rent a uhaul truck drive back with it. :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2017, 06:02 pm »
How did they compare to the LS9 with respect to bass?

They don't play as low as the LS-9's. They need subs to hit the bottom octave.

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2017, 06:03 pm »
What room dimensions are necessary for these to be effective?  My room has ceilings which are only about 8'10" high and is 26'x16'.

That is just slightly larger than the room that they were designed in. So, no problem.

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2017, 06:04 pm »

gab

He says he has four pair. And I have another customer that ended up with a pair as well. And he is really hoping that I place another order for more woofers. He wants to build his out.

Danny Richie

« Reply #14 on: 12 Nov 2017, 06:05 pm »
And it's not clear how much he wants for them either.

Danny, if I read your post correctly, you might have a pair for sale as well. How much would they be and what is the finish?

Yes, I have a pair here in Rosewood. They are gorgeous.

gab

« Reply #15 on: 12 Nov 2017, 06:32 pm »
I just got a text back from him. He has 4 cabinets (2 pairs) and is building one out right now. 3 are still unopened in their crate. He has a current offer of $1000 for a pair.

I asked him to weigh in here.

gab

gab

« Reply #16 on: 12 Nov 2017, 06:57 pm »
There needs to be more cabinets (or some woodworkers - you know who you are) for this deal to work out. Danny needs 250 minimum woofers he states above for it to make sense, 40 woofers per pair, that's ~6 pairs. But only one pair available from the seller in Spokane and he can't get any more of the NOS cabinets. Bummer - would love to see some new builds of these bad boys.

gab

Folsom

« Reply #17 on: 12 Nov 2017, 07:17 pm »
You could order the cabinets from Salk I believe. They are not going to be bargain basement prices however.

rgcards

« Reply #18 on: 12 Nov 2017, 08:41 pm »
Folsom will you build these out completely? Obviously for a fee

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 12 Nov 2017, 09:33 pm »
There needs to be more cabinets (or some woodworkers - you know who you are) for this deal to work out. Danny needs 250 minimum woofers he states above for it to make sense, 40 woofers per pair, that's ~6 pairs. But only one pair available from the seller in Spokane and he can't get any more of the NOS cabinets. Bummer - would love to see some new builds of these bad boys.

gab

Unfortunately I won't be able to build any of these these. I have neither the help nor material handling equipment needed to build and finish cabinets this large and heavy.  :(

Somebody else maybe?

Mike