Servo sub question.

patricksalter

Servo sub question.
« on: 31 Mar 2017, 05:32 am »
I'd like to experiment with my servo sub. According to the instructions, you can get a 6db gain from using a splitter and connecting it to both of the IN's on the amp.  But, all I can find are el cheapo splitters or y cables.  So, I'm looking for a source for a Y cable splitter that would be appropriate for this use. 

Early B.

Re: Servo sub question.
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2017, 12:08 pm »
Since you're experimenting, just use a cheap y-splitter. You won't gain any benefit with a more expensive y-splitter. I think you'll find that you can achieve the same goal simply by turning the volume up a notch or two. If you've maxed out on volume, then you may have a problem with your setup.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2017, 01:11 pm »
Since you're experimenting, just use a cheap y-splitter. You won't gain any benefit with a more expensive y-splitter. I think you'll find that you can achieve the same goal simply by turning the volume up a notch or two. If you've maxed out on volume, then you may have a problem with your setup.

I agree. I find it hard to believe that if  you are using the A370 that gain is an issue at all. And since it will sound better and integrate easier using the high level inputs, you will also be affecting your sound negatively in that respect too.

Shakey

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2017, 01:52 pm »
I agree. I find it hard to believe that if  you are using the A370 that gain is an issue at all. And since it will sound better and integrate easier using the high level inputs, you will also be affecting your sound negatively in that respect too.

Shakey

Using the high level inputs isn't as ideal for some people as you'd think. Some amps (especially some tube amps) roll off the lower end some.

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2017, 01:53 pm »
And yes, you can turn the gain up a click or two and get the same effect as using both inputs.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2017, 02:00 pm »
Some amps (especially some tube amps) roll off the lower end some.

Glad I don't have that problem........ 8)

Shakey

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2017, 05:50 pm »
I had this problem and running a splitter into both RCA inputs worked for me.  YMMV