Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!
« Reply #320 on: 21 Jan 2011, 12:07 am »
I'm modding some Grado SR60 headphones and I'm going to be replacing the cups with wooden ones and possibly recabling them at which time I was thinking about tucking these little gems inside the earcup, solder them to the neg terminal of each earpiece, they will fit easily inside and out of the way.....it could be the mojo I need!!!

Listens2tubes

« Reply #321 on: 21 Jan 2011, 11:07 pm »
Got a reply to my email for a total for 2 pair shipped and responded I had decided to get 3 pair. I'm READY I'm READY!!! :oops: Got a little excited there. :duh:

WGH

« Reply #322 on: 26 Jan 2011, 05:01 am »
I have been listening to the EVS Ground Enhancers for a couple of weeks and am amazed at what they can do. Ordering was easy, first I sent Ric 35 PayPal dollars, received a reply the same day and my enhancers were shipped the next day.

My system includes the Von Schweikert VR2 speakers and all Van Alstine Insight+ electronics, this combination responded very well with the enhancers installed. I didn't notice any break in period, the sound and presentation changed immediatly and I have not noticed any change since. The enhancers made quite a few changes to the character of the sound.

The most noticeable change is greater separation. Instruments and voices are more delineated in space. Music that seemed to be clumped between the speakers is now spread out: left, right, and center with individual musicians easier to pick out. With a wider sound stage there is also more depth, the area between the speakers opens up quite nicely. The Miles_Gurtu album has a lot going on, the enhancers turn the album into an aural 3 ring circus.

Some people have mentioned more bass or treble, I did not notice an increase at either end. Listening to music from an adjoining room the stereo sounds exactly the same as before. What I have noticed is a faster attack and greater clarity in the treble which gives the impression of an increase in high frequencies. The VR2's tend toward a warm presentation, the enhancers bring the sound closer to a neutral presentation. I first noticed this effect while listening to Tom Petty's latest album Mojo. Tom's voice is not as sonorous with the enhancers in place. The flip side is that vocals are now more intelligible with enhancers. My stereo is also part of a 4.1 surround system used for movies and television. Voices from the phantom center channel are now better defined and easier to understand; movie sound effects have more punch too.

The EVS Ground Enhancers are quite an amazing tweak, it is like getting an electronics upgrade for almost free. The + upgrade for my AVA pre-amp cost more and didn't do as much for the sound as these little white pig tails.

Highly Recommended  :thumb:

Wayne   

Gopher

« Reply #323 on: 26 Jan 2011, 05:12 am »
Sold both pairs.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2011, 05:51 pm by Gopher »

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #324 on: 26 Jan 2011, 05:15 am »
I have a set that I'm going to wire into my headphone cups on the negative lead of each driver... so if a news story hits about "man in Allentown goes up in smoke" it most likely didn't go well :dance: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I'll let you guys know what they sound like in the next couple days.

Sonny

« Reply #325 on: 26 Jan 2011, 06:51 am »
I have a set that I'm going to wire into my headphone cups on the negative lead of each driver... so if a news story hits about "man in Allentown goes up in smoke" it most likely didn't go well :dance: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I'll let you guys know what they sound like in the next couple days.

Hey, speaking of Allentown, I am listening to Billy Joel right now!
T

Listens2tubes

« Reply #326 on: 26 Jan 2011, 05:31 pm »
Mine ARRIVED today.  8)

BobRex

« Reply #327 on: 26 Jan 2011, 06:23 pm »
Hey, speaking of Allentown, I am listening to Billy Joel right now!
T

Jeez, what a way to be remembered!  Back when Joel was starting out (Pian Man and Streetlife Serenade days) he played the Allentown area frequently.  For Ed's reference, he played at Ag Hall and also at the Roxy Theater in Northampton.  The song Allentown is based upon his skewed memories of the area.  Allentown never had a steel industry, that industry was 10 miles to the east in Bethlehem (you might have heard of Bethlehem Steel).
Allentown was a clothing mill town, home of Mack Trucks, and had a Western Electric plant  (1st transistor production line was here).  Oh, Allentown also hid the Liberty Bell during the Revolutionary War. When the song came out, the then mayor presented Joel with the key to the city. 

Sonny

« Reply #328 on: 26 Jan 2011, 06:34 pm »
Jeez, what a way to be remembered!  Back when Joel was starting out (Pian Man and Streetlife Serenade days) he played the Allentown area frequently.  For Ed's reference, he played at Ag Hall and also at the Roxy Theater in Northampton.  The song Allentown is based upon his skewed memories of the area.  Allentown never had a steel industry, that industry was 10 miles to the east in Bethlehem (you might have heard of Bethlehem Steel).
Allentown was a clothing mill town, home of Mack Trucks, and had a Western Electric plant  (1st transistor production line was here).  Oh, Allentown also hid the Liberty Bell during the Revolutionary War. When the song came out, the then mayor presented Joel with the key to the city.

Thanks for the Allentown history, appreciated!  I am from the West Coast, closest I've been to Allentown was Pittsburg and Oil City, PA....
T

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #329 on: 26 Jan 2011, 06:36 pm »
When I was younger and still playing we used to play The Main Point in Bryn Mawr a lot and one night while backstage (which was actually in the basement) I happened upon some old boxes with cancelled checks back in the day when banks would send you the checks that cleared.
I'm looking at all these checks and immediately start noticing the names.....Jackson Browne-$35, Martin Mull-$60, Bonnie Raitt and on and on, all with signatures of the artist as endorsements so they could cash the check....way down in the pile I see -Billy Joel-$35, Biily Joel-$150, Billy Joel-$2000(as he was rising so were the paychecks he was cashing)...I grabbed a whole pile including the Joel's and used them to barter with people for equipment, food, drugs on my way up then down.......I grew up outside of Philadelphia in Media,PA....and that seems like 100's of years ago now... :dance:

es347

• Volunteer
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #330 on: 26 Jan 2011, 10:31 pm »
Is this the same Rick Schultz of Virtual Dynamics fame?  :scratch:

Sonny

« Reply #331 on: 26 Jan 2011, 10:45 pm »
Is this the same Rick Schultz of Virtual Dynamics fame?  :scratch:

no, this is RIC Shultz...no "k" in Ric

es347

• Volunteer
« Reply #332 on: 26 Jan 2011, 10:52 pm »
No offense intended, but are you certain?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #333 on: 26 Jan 2011, 11:01 pm »
No offense intended, but are you certain?

Not the same.

es347

• Volunteer
« Reply #334 on: 27 Jan 2011, 12:36 am »
Well that's a relief!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #335 on: 29 Jan 2011, 08:06 am »
Sold both pairs.

Thank you Fred....my pair arrived in fine shape... I'll experiment over the weekend. :thumb:

Have a pair of Fritz Speakers Carbon 7's here on loan.....

Listens2tubes

« Reply #336 on: 30 Jan 2011, 02:29 am »
Have all three pairs installed. A pair on the amps and speaker - binding posts. First impression was enhanced bass performance with something going on in the treble region. Let the system settle for an hour and the bass stays better defined and more tactle. As for the highs there seems to be no differance with them on or off the speakers upper range neg post. Sound stage was not affected. I will have to try with the amp GE's removed to see if the bass remains as stated as well as what happens to the treble and stage. Will play more tomorrow. :D

Mass. Wine Guy

« Reply #337 on: 31 Jan 2011, 04:00 pm »
I got my pair about two weeks ago and am unsure if it improves anything. But I may not be using them in the best way. At the moent I'm just putting one on the negative speaker post (the bottom one because they can be biwired) of one speaker. Where should I install the second one?

Randy

« Reply #338 on: 31 Jan 2011, 06:53 pm »
I got my pair about two weeks ago and am unsure if it improves anything. But I may not be using them in the best way. At the moent I'm just putting one on the negative speaker post (the bottom one because they can be biwired) of one speaker. Where should I install the second one?
I thought you were supposed to put one on each speaker. You have it on just one of your speakers?

Mass. Wine Guy

« Reply #339 on: 31 Jan 2011, 10:31 pm »
I thought you were supposed to put one on each speaker. You have it on just one of your speakers?

Ah, so that's it. Thanks, Randy.