Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!

mcallister

Re: Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!
« Reply #80 on: 20 Nov 2010, 03:30 pm »

No need to try a thing, as its your money. no need to sway your opinion either. We hear a difference for the good so please don't rain on our parade thankyou. No fighting no arguements as our hands on experiemce tells a different story.
  So for the good of the thread please let us be. Thank you.

charles

well said

owenmd

« Reply #81 on: 20 Nov 2010, 04:40 pm »
Explain why I should try a product that produces no measurable effect and is based on a theory no one can explain? It CANNOT DO ANYTHING as there is no electrical circuit created.
Kant... "No mans knowledge goes beyond his experience".  I can't, and actually don't have a need to explain how these things work.... but they do. :scratch:  There are far more 'yet-to-be-known' things that influence Mankind than things we are actually aware of.... that's why we have such a long way to go.... thinking we know, just slows us down.  :oops:

Listened last night and the thing that came to mind was these enhancers have a similar effect as going from a long speaker cable to a very short one?  Its like the cable losses are reduced?   Similar effect to when I heard my first pair of active speakers?

Whatever.... there is definitely more detail and nuances and what appears to be more warmth on acoustic guitar etc.  These are better for listening at lower levels and still getting a satisfying picture.  I wonder if these things burn in.... being a "passive?" component...?

If anyone really knows.... I would appreciate knowing if cutting down the length of the pigtail is a problem.... being as these things are supposedly a tuned design...?

I believe these will remain a permanent part of my system.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Mark

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #82 on: 20 Nov 2010, 04:47 pm »
Why would you even consider messing with them? They are only a few inches long to begin with.  :lol:  But I would think the tuning aspect has everything to do with their construction and messing with them would be the last thing you'd want to do.  :dunno:

Cheers,
Robin

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #83 on: 20 Nov 2010, 04:56 pm »
Mailman dropped me some today and within seconds of putting them on my speakers everything sounded....BETTER!!!!
Noticeably so in fact, more depth for one, the music just comes from the whole side of the room where my speakers are, its crisp, clear as a bell and just kind of out in the room. Do you guys remember Evan? I asked him if he had heard these or tried them and should I get some and his response was one word..."YES". I must thank him and the others who have enjoyed hearing what I''m now hearing and were open to this new idea/concept/gadget/thingamabob and posted about it. 

Whatever the reason is, Whatever the science is, or is not, these little babies improve the music and thats what its all about for me. When you guys figure out what makes these work let me know, in the mean time I'll be changing CD's. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

owenmd

« Reply #84 on: 20 Nov 2010, 05:08 pm »
Why would you even consider messing with them? They are only a few inches long to begin with.  :lol:  But I would think the tuning aspect has everything to do with their construction and messing with them would be the last thing you'd want to do.  :dunno:

Cheers,
Robin

Urrmm.... thanks Robin, but my question still stands.... I'm talking only about the copper pigtail extension, reducing it to a minimum for soldering directly to my crossover...?

AB

« Reply #85 on: 20 Nov 2010, 05:21 pm »
Not one to miss out on something recommended by you guys, I just ordered a few of these. If you haven't already read the DIYaudio thread, http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/102180-groundside-electrons.html
I recommend it.
The info on the various versions of these devices is pretty interesting.
Down the rabbit hole you go!

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #86 on: 20 Nov 2010, 05:25 pm »
Urrmm.... thanks Robin, but my question still stands.... I'm talking only about the copper pigtail extension, reducing it to a minimum for soldering directly to my crossover...?

Oh, that makes more sense.  :D  And a very good question to be asking also.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

rodge827

« Reply #87 on: 20 Nov 2010, 05:58 pm »
Gents,

Anyone using these on a full range single driver? Results?

Chris

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #88 on: 20 Nov 2010, 05:59 pm »
The instructions on the website mention "less is more" about the length of the copper wire. Its ok on subs also, anybody do subs yet???

roscoeiii

« Reply #89 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:03 pm »
Chris,

Once my order arrives, I will hopefully be using them on my Audio Nirvana full range drivers. And they will be driven by a current source First Watt F2, so I can report on how they work with these unique amps. I've also got other more conventional amps that I will pair these with and will try them on my HornShoppe horns as well.

davidrs

• Which do you value more, happiness or truth?
« Reply #90 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:04 pm »
This question is not for nor is it against and is asked out of well meant curiosity. Seriously,  :)

I've been curious as well regarding the EVS Ground Enhancers and will either try it via the diy recipe route or pick up a couple of pairs.

Am curious about another aspect - that is how much of a role we are playing in this?

I know I'm going down the psycho-acoustic rabbit-hole, but nontheless....

curious about what those of you have used them would say, in case you have wondered the same?

owenmd

« Reply #91 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:13 pm »
The instructions on the website mention "less is more" about the length of the copper wire. Its ok on subs also, anybody do subs yet???

Thanks.... I read the DIY site and it appears most of those guys are soldering the litz loops directly to a spade.... so it doesn't sound like it would be a problem?  The "tuning" seems to be in the litz type, length and the dielectric specs...?

I have GE's on both ends of my speaker cables.  My Hawthorne Sterling Trio's have their Augie bass drivers (same principle as subs) driven by Rythmic's which take their high-level feed using an 18" speaker cable directly from the speaker binding posts where the last GE is positioned.  There is a definite improvement in the quality of the bass.  Seems I may need to try another pair of GE's mounted directly to the Rythmic's too.... oh no, here comes the madness again....!   :roll:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #92 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:15 pm »
I wondered the same thing, I was very skeptical, but the results I heard were immediate and obvious. I have 3 CD's I always play first when making a change so I have some point of reference and playback of those 3 CD's was enhanced immediately. Its honestly quite surprising to me, I figured I'd hear maybe a touch more clarity as I currently have...maybe...the effects were obvious. I connected them and sat down to listen and noticed changes for the better right away. I'd love to know why??

rodge827

« Reply #93 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:16 pm »
Chris,

Once my order arrives, I will hopefully be using them on my Audio Nirvana full range drivers. And they will be driven by a current source First Watt F2, so I can report on how they work with these unique amps. I've also got other more conventional amps that I will pair these with and will try them on my HornShoppe horns as well.
Thats awesome! My system is all Audio Note Kits tube gear with Lowther DX4 Medallions.
I'll be anxiously waiting for your findings.
Chris

owenmd

« Reply #94 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:23 pm »
This question is not for nor is it against and is asked out of well meant curiosity. Seriously,  :)

Am curious about another aspect - that is how much of a role we are playing in this?

curious about what those of you have used them would say, in case you have wondered the same?

Boy... there's a goad...!  Are you are talking about the quantum mechanics aspect of this.... the observer's consciousness changes the result.... not sure if this thread has enough bandwidth to go into that discussion...?   :lol:

Charles Xavier

« Reply #95 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:25 pm »
I wondered the same thing, I was very skeptical, but the results I heard were immediate and obvious. I have 3 CD's I always play first when making a change so I have some point of reference and playback of those 3 CD's was enhanced immediately. Its honestly quite surprising to me, I figured I'd hear maybe a touch more clarity as I currently have...maybe...the effects were obvious. I connected them and sat down to listen and noticed changes for the better right away. I'd love to know why??

:thumb:

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #96 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:27 pm »
Anyone using these on a full range single driver? Results?

Yes. At least me, my business partner, and Bud himself (he has a set of Fonken and a variation with Mark Audio Alpair7eN (dMar-Ken7))

dave

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #97 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:28 pm »

I've been curious as well regarding the EVS Ground Enhancers and will either try it via the diy recipe route or pick up a couple of pairs.

Boy... there's a goad...!  Are you are talking about the quantum mechanics aspect of this.... the observer's consciousness changes the result.... not sure if this thread has enough bandwidth to go into that discussion...?   :lol:

This is an Industry Ads Circle. Maybe you could ask that same question here where your opinion will be embraced.  :thumb: 

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2010, 02:45 am by satfrat »

shep

« Reply #98 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:43 pm »
According to the website, you need a pair at each end of the speakers cables. Is this how "you" are using them? or only at the speaker end? I have a strange feeling I am going to be trying this real soon
 :D

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #99 on: 20 Nov 2010, 06:51 pm »
Mine are at the speakers, I bought one pair to try. I got the ones that have the bend and hung them from the hole in the binding post.