I Heard the Model T Speakers

Mag

I Heard the Model T Speakers
« on: 4 Jun 2013, 01:53 am »
I never mentioned that I heard the Model T speakers when I was at Customer Appreciation Day at Pulseworks, Saskatoon. That is when I purchased the BDP-1.

When I first arrived we were listening to some bookshelf speaker, I think they were Focals if IIRC listed at $10,000. And I have to say they sounded good.

Finally we got around to firing up the Model T's. At the time I was not sure what to attribute to the BDP-1 and what was attributed to the Model T's, so that is why I didn't make a comment.

Now to my ears the sound was far superior to what we were just listening to. But I had Dave crank the volume and that drove people outta the room. Anyway what I heard was a depth to the soundstage that was rich & layered. The soundstage was not as wide as I'm use too in my room, think the speakers where approx. 6' apart, whereas I have them 10' apart. I have to say that having the BDP-1 for 2 weeks that it was the Model T's that added the layered soundstage depth. No doubt I'd like to have these speakers but will have to live with my Studio 100 v2 for awhile longer.

The shocker was after that presentation, there were a handful of people interested in another Focal Tower speaker, which I thought sounded thin. Apparently these people preferred the Focal's, to each their own I guess. :scratch: