WR-100D and Windows 10

scenes

WR-100D and Windows 10
« on: 13 Apr 2018, 02:36 pm »
Hi
I would like to know if it is possible to stream music (from Tidal application) from Windows 10 to the WR-100D ?
I try to find the WR-100D in Windows 10 settings but nothing appear.
I just want to stream Master audio from Tidal Windows application to the WR-100D.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

giordy60

Re: WR-100D and Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2018, 04:09 pm »

rustydoglim

• Facilitator
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2018, 05:00 pm »
WR-100D is a DLNA Renderer (aka receiver) with Qualcomm AllPlay module.
What does that mean?
1. Player app (Bubble uPnP, JRiver, etc) can find it and stream to it.  Windows is an OS, it won't be able to see WR-100D.
2. Because of the AllPlay API that is integrated into Spotify, it can see all the WR-100D (up to 10) in the network and stream to it. Similar for Tidal and Qobuz. There is a fair amount of integration that D-Stream did for integrating Tidal and Qobuz api.

Tidal high res has restriction, you should check with Tidal if their Windows streamer can send to DLNA receiver (my guess is that it is not allow due to licensing and other restriction).

scenes

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2018, 02:29 pm »
Thanks a lot rustydoglim.

Just other question do you know if the WR100D can decode Tidal MQA file ?

Bwilson1

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2018, 08:32 pm »
Slightly different question:

I have the WR-100D and have successfully been able to stream Tidal.  However the D-Stream Air App doesn't seem to support Play Queues (aka On-the-go or on-the-fly playlists) when streaming Tidal.

NOTE:  Play queues are supported when using Tidal directly via the Tidal app and this is my preferred way to listen to music.

This is not a deal breaker for me but I would certainly be happy if this capability was incorporated in the next App revision.

Does anyone have the App developer's contact information (it is SKIDEEV I believe) so that I may make a request ?

Thanks in advance

PS - If anyone has used the WR-100D with Tidal and figured out how to create an on the fly play queue please let me know !

scenes

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2018, 07:47 am »
Hello,

Found on Google PlayStore : denys@sk-ideev.com

For your information, I made some test yesterday evening and when I stream MQA tracks with Dstream app my IDA-8 shows 48khz maybe it is 24/48Khz so I think that the WR100D is compatible with MQA and IDA8 DAC too.

Bwilson1

« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2018, 05:05 pm »
I did the same test with my WR-100D / IDA-8 combo for some Tidal Masters albums (Fleetwood Mac Tusk) and the sample rate output LEDs showed 48 kHz on the IDA-8 - NOTE I am using the Optical output (not the USB extension port) from the WR-1000D to the IDA-8

This seems to be consistent with what one would expect from a "no decode" playback situation as described in the link below.

https://www.audiostream.com/content/mqa-decoding-explained#flrfCYWAz52cXviB.97

To my understanding since the WR-100D communicates with the Tidal servers directly (via the software in the D-Stream Air App) you are not getting the "SW decode" since you would need some piece of software (Tidal desktop app, ROON, etc.) to perform this.  Perhaps in the future the D-Stream App may incorporate this functionality.

Also since the DAC (NuPrime IDA-8) does not have the HW capability to do MQA "unfolding" you are not getting the "HW decode" either.  Hence the "no decode" arrangement and the proof seems to be the 48 kHz on the sample rate display.

Hope this clears things up and if I stated anything incorrectly please correct.