Replacing Binding Posts with SpeakOn Connectors?

dubkarma

• "God made man because he loves stories." - Canetti
Replacing Binding Posts with SpeakOn Connectors?
« on: 12 Jan 2018, 07:45 pm »
I've mostly moved to SpeakON connectors on amplifiers and speaker cabinets.

Is it possible to change the binding posts to SpeakONs on a Bryston 3B-SST without invalidating the warranty?

Or even better, is there enough room on the back panel to add SpeakONs without removing the binding posts?

And is this something I could get an independent tech to do, or would it be possible to send the amp to Bryston headquarters in Peterborough to have the work done there?

Not a life-and-death query, but it would much simplify my life to only have to keep SpeakOn-terminated speaker cables on hand. . .

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Replacing Binding Posts with SpeakOn Connectors?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2018, 07:49 pm »
I've mostly moved to SpeakON connectors on amplifiers and speaker cabinets.

Is it possible to change the binding posts to SpeakONs on a Bryston 3B-SST without invalidating the warranty?

Or even better, is there enough room on the back panel to add SpeakONs without removing the binding posts?

And is this something I could get an independent tech to do, or would it be possible to send the amp to Bryston headquarters in Peterborough to have the work done there?

Not a life-and-death query, but it would much simplify my life to only have to keep SpeakOn-terminated speaker cables on hand. . .

Hi

Email Mike and he should be able to let you know if it's do-able - mpickett@bryston.com

james

Stefan_DR3

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2019, 08:38 pm »
What was the answer?

skunark

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2019, 12:36 am »
One manufacturer recommends speak-on over binding posts for measurements.  Curious why they are not more popular. 

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2019, 12:18 pm »
You never see any high end cable manufacturers offering them is one reason.
The primary purpose of SpeakOn is ease of plugging, unplugging and replugging over and over. Musicians like them for that reason. Also no high end speakOn, only standard. When Cardas and AQ start making high end cables with them..  :thumb:

techguy0192

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2019, 01:37 pm »
Neutrik brand connectors are the ones to go with if making the switch to SpeakOn connectors.