iFi audio AC iPurifier - Let no noise go unsilenced!

firedog

Re: iFi audio AC iPurifier - Let no noise go unsilenced!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Feb 2018, 08:22 am »
Can you tell me about the basis for the surge protection? There are surge protection strips that lose effectiveness over time. Is this also an issue with the AC iPurifier?

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #21 on: 8 Feb 2018, 01:17 am »
Can you tell me about the basis for the surge protection? There are surge protection strips that lose effectiveness over time. Is this also an issue with the AC iPurifier?

Hi Firedog,

The surge protection is metal oxide varistor (MOV) based. Normally, there is no loss of effectiveness unless the surges encountered exceed the rating.

AndrewA

« Reply #22 on: 11 Feb 2018, 06:17 pm »
Got one from Music Direct.

Plugged it in here, there, and everywhere.  Left it plugged in for a couple of days, then removed.

Couldn't hear (or see, tried it on the video system too) any difference.

Back to MD.

Perhaps the AC coming into the house isn't that bad.  Perhaps you need 3 to really hear the change.  Perhaps...

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #23 on: 12 Feb 2018, 04:35 pm »
Got one from Music Direct.

Plugged it in here, there, and everywhere.  Left it plugged in for a couple of days, then removed.

Couldn't hear (or see, tried it on the video system too) any difference.

Back to MD.

Perhaps the AC coming into the house isn't that bad.  Perhaps you need 3 to really hear the change.  Perhaps...

Thank you for the feedback AndrewA.  We appreciate you giving the AC iPurifier a try throughout your system.

OzarkTom

« Reply #24 on: 8 Mar 2018, 03:59 am »
Sure made a big improvement here. I ordered one and will order another real soon. :thumb:

Review coming shortly.

garyalex

« Reply #25 on: 20 Apr 2018, 12:06 am »
I got my iFi audio iPurifier yesterday from MD.  Listening now.  If this device makes a difference in my system it's very, very subtle.  I guess one of three things will happen:

1 - I'll eventually hear an improvement and decide this was a good purchase.

2 - I'll keep listening and convince myself I'm hearing an improvement.

3 - I'll send it back to MD because I've admitted I can't hear any improvement.

I'm not expecting a night vs day difference.  I'm just hoping to hear at least some of the improvement iFi says this device will make.  We'll see.  I completely trust iFi Audio to design and sell high-quality products.  I've bought four of their products and haven't yet been disappointed.  I'll keep listening.

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #26 on: 20 Apr 2018, 12:26 am »
I got my iFi audio iPurifier yesterday from MD.  Listening now.  If this device makes a difference in my system it's very, very subtle.  I guess one of three things will happen:

1 - I'll eventually hear an improvement and decide this was a good purchase.

2 - I'll keep listening and convince myself I'm hearing an improvement.

3 - I'll send it back to MD because I've admitted I can't hear any improvement.

I'm not expecting a night vs day difference.  I'm just hoping to hear at least some of the improvement iFi says this device will make.  We'll see.  I completely trust iFi Audio to design and sell high-quality products.  I've bought four of their products and haven't yet been disappointed.  I'll keep listening.

Good luck man!