iGalvonic problem

Dracule1

• Volunteer
iGalvonic problem
« on: 6 Nov 2017, 07:34 pm »
I recently tried the iGalvonic, which made my digital front end sound the best I've heard.  However, I kept on getting clicks and pops several times during each song and after about an hour, I would lose USB connection altogether.  I would have to restart my server and DAC.  I couldn't find a solution even after contacting iFi who told me I had AC grounding issue and needed to fix that.  Well, that would require me to call in an electrician and go over my AC of my entire home, which is a no go.

Am I the only one who has this issue with iGalvonic?

Dracule1

• Volunteer
Re: iGalvonic problem
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2017, 11:39 pm »
So no one has had similar issues?  Any advice on how this can be fixed without having to reground the AC of my home?

bacobits1

« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2017, 01:41 am »
Anything here?
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/31125-ifi-audio-igalvanic30-the-holy-grail-of-computer-audio/

That was kind of a cop out answer.
It has a lift switch or something like that?

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2017, 03:04 am »
Hi the lifter switch doesnt prevent you losing USB connection but may help with clicks and pops. That's my understanding, but you also give up some noise.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2018, 01:12 pm »
Well, after returning the problematic iGalvanic, I got a another one. It works fine without any of the issues of the previous one, which was probably defective.  :thumb:

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2018, 05:01 pm »
Well, after returning the problematic iGalvanic, I got a another one. It works fine without any of the issues of the previous one, which was probably defective.  :thumb:

Thank you for updating us and sticking with the team.  I'll put this out there for everyone to know.  I apologize for my tardiness with the PMs.  Let us know how else we may help if you encounter any anomalies within your system.