jwes

Re: SPATIAL X2 modular - RMAF Unveiling
« Reply #121 on: 4 Jan 2018, 07:59 pm »
Nice! Is that a custom color?

SlushPuppy

« Reply #122 on: 4 Jan 2018, 09:26 pm »
Nice! Is that a custom color?

No. It's the basic black that's shown on the Spatial Audio website, but they get a slight teal color to them when the sun shines on them. It seems to be exaggerated with my phone.

targa02

« Reply #123 on: 4 Jan 2018, 10:30 pm »
Great to see some X2s in action!!  Do you mind sharing what speakers you replaced?

Chris_B

« Reply #124 on: 4 Jan 2018, 10:42 pm »
Very nice.  If you can, take a picture of them from your listening position.  I'd love to see how they look in a room.  They don't look as big as I imagined.  How's the low end and imaging?  Can't wait for a detailed report.

Chris

Shredder

« Reply #125 on: 4 Jan 2018, 10:51 pm »
Beautiful, I am also looking forward to a little review.

juszat

« Reply #126 on: 5 Jan 2018, 07:29 pm »
Hi Received my X2 last week . impecably packaged, a breeze to assemble . 

Shredder

« Reply #127 on: 5 Jan 2018, 09:00 pm »
They really look great. How do they sound? Would love some detailed information, thanks.

rockadanny

« Reply #128 on: 5 Jan 2018, 09:52 pm »
juszat - you have a PM

Chris_B

« Reply #129 on: 6 Jan 2018, 12:41 am »
Hi Received my X2 last week . impecably packaged, a breeze to assemble . 

Let us know how the low end and imaging is out of the box.  Break-in will certainly improve them. 

SlushPuppy

« Reply #130 on: 6 Jan 2018, 12:53 am »
Great to see some X2s in action!!  Do you mind sharing what speakers you replaced?

My last speakers were Bamberg 3 TMW's. Absolutely amazing for the price. The best speakers I owned before purchasing the X2's.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #131 on: 6 Jan 2018, 09:51 pm »
Very nice.  If you can, take a picture of them from your listening position.  I'd love to see how they look in a room.  They don't look as big as I imagined.  How's the low end and imaging?  Can't wait for a detailed report.

Chris

Here's a view from the listening position. They're big speakers but don't dominate the room. For reference - that's a 65" TV. Imaging and bass are excellent. They will likely improve when I get room treatments, tweak the positioning, and enable "Room Perfect" on the Lyngdorf.

mfsoa

« Reply #132 on: 6 Jan 2018, 10:06 pm »
...and ditch the coffee table. Those things are guaranteed acoustical nightmares.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #133 on: 6 Jan 2018, 10:41 pm »
Not this one  8)

Shear Bliss VMPS

« Reply #134 on: 7 Jan 2018, 02:08 am »
To sfsoa ....... Just where the hell are we supposed place our beers ??

mfsoa

« Reply #135 on: 7 Jan 2018, 03:05 am »
I know, I know, the convenience is vital but oh the reflection (distortion)  :nono:

Priorities, priorities... :thumb:

Great speakers!!  Their little brothers are on my list...

Tyson

« Reply #136 on: 8 Jan 2018, 11:58 am »
Put a heavy tablecloth on the table and problem solved. 

mwalker2

« Reply #137 on: 11 Jan 2018, 11:36 pm »
Two items: Any additional comments comparing the X-2 with your previous speakers and what footings have you selected vis-a-vis your type of flooring. I am two weeks away from receiving my Spatial's X-2. Hooray

seadogs1

« Reply #138 on: 12 Jan 2018, 11:46 pm »
When can we have a review by a new owner??????????????????/

SlushPuppy

« Reply #139 on: 13 Jan 2018, 12:46 am »
When can we have a review by a new owner??????????????????/

Mine are just starting to break in and I'm still tweaking the positions and playing around with absorption (I have a terribly brittle sounding room and one that generally kills bass). I'm just today starting to get really good bass out of them (break in is real). They sound better every time I listen to them.

Every single piece of my system is new. Speakers, sources, amplification and cables. I'm just starting to get used to the sound. I'm guessing another 6-8 weeks before I get everything dialed-in. I also need to order room treatments and get them installed. Maybe then you'll get something that sounds like a crude review from me.

I can say this though - if they are in your budget AND you have really good upstream components AND you can be flexible with positioning (3' or more from back wall and at least 1' from the sides) you should just order them now. They are that good. I've never owned anything this dynamic. Cymbals sound like cymbals. Trumpet sounds like trumpet. Bass has perfect weight. NO listener fatigue at all.

Well, like I said. Way too early for me to properly judge them. I think only Steven Stone (the reviewer) has had them long enough to review them properly. I also don't want to come off as a fanboy for something I unboxed less than two weeks ago.

Cheers!

Slush