iGalvanic out yet?

jrebman

iGalvanic out yet?
« on: 30 May 2017, 06:43 pm »
Just wondering if the iGalvanic is out yet? If there is a tour I may want to get on the list -- unless I buy one first :-).

-- Jim

Pez

Re: iGalvanic out yet?
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2017, 02:27 am »
Soon... very soon.  :icon_twisted: when I get a date I'll let you know!  :thumb:

ThuanDB

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2017, 09:30 pm »
Based in the positive results I've got from using Nano iUSB3.0, it's exciting to wait for the iG3.0 release.

jrebman

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2017, 10:47 pm »
<finger drumming>

<finger drumming>

-- Jim

ThuanDB

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2017, 12:28 am »
Ordered the iGalvanic3.0 bundle from Amazon yesterday.  Delivery scheduled for Monday 8/21.

jrebman

« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2017, 01:47 am »
Interesting...

When the new web site went live, the first thing I did was to see if there was anything concerning the iGalvanic, but I looked everywhere and didn't see any mention of it. Of course it is always possible it is there and I just skipped over it.

-- Jim

ThuanDB

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2017, 02:31 am »
No you didn't skip over any thing, as it isn't there on the web site yet.  I've just followed the AMR/ifi thread on the head-fi where they offered the pre order bundle available on Amazon.  I think $368 including the iG3.0, iDefender, and 5v iPower isn't too bad a deal.  After 8/25 launch, the iG3.0 will be available for $349.  The $50 increase in price has a good reason and worth it, according to iFi Audio.

jrebman

« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2017, 02:12 pm »
OK, thanks for the info.. I thought the iGalvanic would be closer to $200. Oh well -- I've got an iUSB3.0 which is probably all I need anyway, never mind that I have no place to put the iGalvanic.

-- Jim

ThuanDB

« Reply #8 on: 19 Aug 2017, 02:30 pm »
I envy you.  My Nano has been very good that made me want more - the Micro.  Anyway, the iG3.0 will be right after USB port, in front of the Nano.  We'll see how further the iG3.0 can push the SQ envelope upon a very satisfying performance of the Nano.

Tracking the shipment shows the bundle package has arrived today in my town, but USPS will probably deliver on Monday.

jrebman

« Reply #9 on: 19 Aug 2017, 04:05 pm »
Well, do let us know how it all turns out. If it's any help, the connection from my uRendu to the iUSB is with the little hardware adaptor that goes from USB A to B. No cable needed, just a hardwired connection (or at least as close to it as is practical.

That gadget comes with the uRendu, but Sonore also sells it by itself.

HTH,

Jim

ThuanDB

« Reply #10 on: 19 Aug 2017, 11:03 pm »
"Package was left in a parcel locker" (attached to the mailbox).  We're out of town and will get back tomorrow night and retrieve the package.  Kudos to iFi Audio for an excellent effort to get the bundle to my address in merely 2 days.

jrebman

« Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2017, 12:10 am »
They really are a first-class company to deal with! If all companies were this responsive to customer needs, my audio journey would have been far less painful, and actually fun!

-- Jim

ThuanDB

« Reply #12 on: 20 Aug 2017, 12:31 am »
+1.  That's why I've kept waiting for their iGalvanic3.0 despite the delay and price increase, which must have good reasons and will be explained thoroughly later.

ThuanDB

« Reply #13 on: 21 Aug 2017, 08:49 pm »
Day 1:  package retrieval and opening.  Very well packed, layer after layer of protective padding.  Reading instructions:  3 selectable isolation modes - center position for full isolation, upper, and lower positions for specific ground issues.  The unit was plugged in, iPower was plugged in, system powered on, and everything worked instantly, a true PnP device.  Sound wasn't bad out of the box, but nothing special. 

Day 2 (today):  Bass now has textute and more detail.  When piano ivory keys were hit, one can hear more detail on the strokes, the pianist's fingernails interacting with the keyboard emerged to existence.  Vocal texture became clearer to hear.  Music still managed to balance upon extended lows and highs, but once in a while climax startled this listener indicating improved dynamics.

Based on what was experienced on the Nano, i suspect it will take the iG3.0 at least 50 hours to come to its own.  That being said, I'm still pleasantly surprised the new ifi toy is already singing in my room after a mere 24 hours of standby.

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 12 Oct 2017, 09:13 pm »
Day 1:  package retrieval and opening.  Very well packed, layer after layer of protective padding.  Reading instructions:  3 selectable isolation modes - center position for full isolation, upper, and lower positions for specific ground issues.  The unit was plugged in, iPower was plugged in, system powered on, and everything worked instantly, a true PnP device.  Sound wasn't bad out of the box, but nothing special. 

Day 2 (today):  Bass now has textute and more detail.  When piano ivory keys were hit, one can hear more detail on the strokes, the pianist's fingernails interacting with the keyboard emerged to existence.  Vocal texture became clearer to hear.  Music still managed to balance upon extended lows and highs, but once in a while climax startled this listener indicating improved dynamics.

Based on what was experienced on the Nano, i suspect it will take the iG3.0 at least 50 hours to come to its own.  That being said, I'm still pleasantly surprised the new ifi toy is already singing in my room after a mere 24 hours of standby.

Please feel free to let us know what you think!

ThuanDB

« Reply #15 on: 27 Oct 2017, 07:15 am »
The iG3 really sings with Nano USB 3.0 and USB 3.0 cables, all from iFi Audio.  I know that's kinda "bad" news for those who just want to get iG3 and be done with getting the best SQ possible from his system, that won't do.  The iG3 alone, at least in my setup, sounds detailed but not without a slight digital glare or edge.  Adding Nano to the chain brings back the organic full body sweetness, bass and details enhanced as well.

These are only impressions after a couple hours the Mercury USB 3.0 have been in the audio chain.  Things are going to be updated in a few more days.  For now, it's all good.