Qobuz opens service for HiRez downloads

Nick77

Qobuz opens service for HiRez downloads
« on: 23 Aug 2014, 09:45 pm »
     Dear Qobuz Client,

Today, we are both proud and excited to announce the official opening of the Qobuz music download service in your country.

Born in 2009 and open originally in France alone, Qobuz is the online music service that sets the bar for sound quality and editorial content, boasting the largest catalogue of HD downloads in the world.

http://www.qobuz.com/ie-en/about

Ive bought a few downloads already successfully, Ive found titles not available here.  :thumb:

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Qobuz opens service for HiRez downloads
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2014, 10:21 pm »
It's confusing cuz Qobuz is still not in the US, but I got the email and it says "in your country".  For me that meant either the UK or France because I have two accounts with Qobuz for lossless streaming access (One in UK, one in France).  But the email is about downloads, not streaming.

Net/net, still no Qobuz in the US, and the email they sent may well have gone to folks in other countries than were meant by "in your country".

Nick77

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2014, 10:25 pm »
Thanks Ted, I was still a bit skeptical but got the same email. Gotten some good titles none the less.

sfig

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2014, 08:09 pm »
I received the same email about service now available  in my country and assumed they meant the US.  I was unable to subscribe so I sent an email yesterday and got this reply.....

"Qobuz open to international but not in your country.
Only UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, NL, Belgie, Luxembourg & Irland.
Qobuz is really sorry because  you received our message.. Our International developpement grow up and your country will be open soon."

Hopefully they do open soon!

dwolek

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2014, 08:15 pm »
I recently read that Qbuz has filed for the equivalent of Chapter 11.  Anyone else hear this?

josh358

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2015, 10:09 pm »
That would be a shame. Site still seems to be active, though.

It used to be that you could subscribe even if your country wasn't served, I've seen accounts elsewhere of people doing it successfully.